Thoughts on wotc e-series?

Do you guys this the three e-series sets are overrated or underrated?

What does everyone think is the 4th most underrated set from between 2001 and 2005?

7 Likes

Personally, e-Reader expansions in general are not overrated. However, Skyridge can be considered as an exception (probably).

When we talk about e-Reader, I see more people focused on Skyridge than the other e-Reader expansions because Skyridge is the final expansion launched by Wizards of the Coast and its period of life was really short because the print run was small. So, it was harder to get than Expedition Base Set, Aquapolis or the other expansions compatible with e-Reader like Ruby & Sapphire or Dragon.

Also, Skyridge has some of cards that are known between the people who actually hunt e-Series cards. To give an example, we have Crystal Charizard or Umbreon … Such a nice artwork …

Personally, my favourite card is in this expansion: Delibird (illustr. Sumiyoshi Kizuki)

E series bad, dont buy

3 Likes

Personally, I feel like they aren’t overrated or underrated, they just feel, “rated.”

I love the way e-series look; the border was just on such few sets that it adds a bit of excitement when looking at a card. Additionally, the artwork during e-series sets was absolutely incredible. There weren’t too many cards printed during e-series (at least compared to WotC golden era) either. I never had e-series cards as a kid (as that was after I stopped collecting Pokémon cards), and they were “new” to me when I came back into collecting, so maybe that is another reason I love them so much.

3 Likes

Any set that came last will get extra attention now. Base 2 would be significantly more popular if it had been the last wotc set i guarantee.

I think it’s interesting because it will never be done again. I love them but don’t see a lot of love for them. Maybe because they are hard to get?