Thor Gene's Collection Update 11/18/15

You flatter me!

-Agreed the crystal set has a certain flare for attention.
-Truly a beautiful storage box, It’s sold numbers speak for themselves!
-You must show us your collection XD framed or not haha.

I have a few pieces of my collection posted in my collection thread. :blush:
It even includes two of the framed items I’ve got. I’d have more, but custom framing is so expensive. And I don’t settle for less than top quality frame/museum glass/perfect matting for things I intend to display for years to come.

Corocoro Nidoking glossy sheet

Now off to PSA!

4 Likes

nice! I’ve always been a fan of that Nidoking!

1 Like

Lol I see you received my cards. I hope you get 10s on both

Those look fresh. Good luck on the grades. :blush:

Ahh tyty! I’ll post grades soon!

My knees went week, man you got one super collection and hell of a motivation to get my collection like that some day :blush:

Thanks @dipzy

Latest and greatest adds to the collection

Off to PSA Soon

2nd FA Charizard, added Articuno and Mewtwo to the Kanto FA set

Some random cards, (Future long term projects are to finish a jungle and fossil set in all 10’s 1st edi)

OH YEAH BABY!

More adds

and finally for this week.

3 Likes

Not sure why photos are being shown upside down even though they were rotated correctly. (Photobucket hourly refresh CRON job anyone? lol)

Plasma SR Charizard PSA 10
Sexy.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking for something for the longest time. This looks like a great fit. How much does it weigh? Does it feel sturdy enough?

I’ve got a make shift one right now that’s essentially a built out briefcase with the dual locks/handle. Not the most appeasing, however I just keep all my “for sale cards” in it. I’ve also considered the wooden frames from the seller in Michigan that will display 50 (5x10) cards and just lining up 10 of them for all the sets. I don’t think it would be the best thing to showcase on my walls, but it’s a nice thought. If anyone did the 50 card display, you’d need a sheet or a UV coat to protect the cards from sitting in light all day.

I’ve put a lot of thought into figuring something out. I’ve even bought wood before in attempts to build something. It was a fail though.

Hope you enjoy the Crystal Guardians Charizard :blush:

Hey Zack, yeah it was a sweet find! It weights about 20lb’s give or take after it’s full. I keep alot of my fan mail under the box along with promos since you can remove the individual trays. I think I’ve seen that box you mentioned. This in my opinion gets you more bang for you’re buck what REALLY has my heart set in on it is the fact that its sleek and low profile while home to all my dearest cards even in their custom PSA sleeves it can sit on any shelf or desk and compliment anything. Best investment in the past year, forsure.

Great update! Definitely jealous of some of those Charizards :blush:

Latest pick ups

Traded this for
-50 Day PSA Services for 20 cards and $160.00 from a user in AUS.

Paid $500.00 from a friend in AUS.

Bought for $40

Won at auction for $85

Thanks it for now.

9 Likes

awesome pickups, i want that masaki promo :grin:

1 Like

I think that is a little bit of a high price to pay for a Masaki promo right now as they are seeming to be a lot more common than they used to, and with $500, you could potentially purchase around 10 of them, for chances to grade, but to ensure a PSA 10 and to help a friend, I think you did okay!

Congrats on the amazing cards and in the amazing grades! Masaki Omastar in PSA 10 is no easy card to get ahold of, well done :blush: And Birthday Pikachu is always a classic :blush:

Looking forward to your future updates

1 Like