Thor Gene's Collection Update 11/18/15

I tried to emphasize how the 1,000 was not fact, as we ultimately don’t have documentation. I simply stated what I was told, and who told me that information.

Moreover, people still do not believe that 1,000 karps were the number distributed, even with documentation.

With that said, there are two major distinctions with high end cards, and we know neither with the Trophy Khan: 1. How many copies were distributed. 2. How many copies remain. The latter is something we rarely know with any card.

However, I have personally seen in my time around 50 copies of the khan sold. It is difficult to put an exact number as enough have circulated to lose track. Does this mean I know how many were actually distributed, no. More importantly, No one truly knows how many khan or karp for that matter remain. If that is not enough of a headache, how many are still mint?! :blush:

There is no way at this point to definitively know how many exist. Again, I was only sharing information that was provided by the japanese contestants, and referenced their history to establish their experience. However, from my experience, I would assert there are more than 50 copies awarded. Some individuals/sellers have sold 10+ in their time. On this site alone we probably had 20-30 circulate. With that said, we don’t know how many were truly distributed or remain.

1 Like