The PWCC Megathread

Maybe this belongs in its own thread but have any of you seen the PWCC vault they are offering soon?
Thoughts?

5 Likes

I think the concept is cool but I have doubts as to how successful it would be. I personally get the most enjoyment out of being able to look at my collection whenever I please. Having my cards locked away in a vault somewhere that is most likely far from where I live doesn’t seem to be worth it.

I feel that it would only be valuable for the top 1%+ collectors and even then a safety deposit box at your local bank would do the same job. The only value added benefit I see is the line of credit offering but even then idk.

2 Likes

Literally 3 1st edition base set PSA 10s this month (Mewtwo, Poliwrath and Squirtle) compared to 17 I think last month and 40+ the month before that. Very interesting.

4 Likes

hmm very lackluster sale compared to the last ones… only one german card…

1 Like

I was going to do this earlier but I was busy over the weekend (brother got married) … these were the interesting sales from last block. Also thanks @chok I missed that shadowless charizard this time around :blush:

Japanese No Rarity Charizard PSA 10

Base Set Shadowless Charizard PSA 10

1st Ed. Base Set Charizard BGS 9 This went for a lot more than I thought a BGS 9 would go for.

Legendary Collection Charizard Holo PSA 10

Legendary Collection Gengar Reverse Holo PSA 10 The sold price on this one shocked a lot of people on discord

1st Ed. Base Set Hitmonchan PSA 10

1st Ed. Base Set Chansey PSA 10

1st Ed. Base Set Venusaur PSA 10

1st Ed. Base Set Gyarados PSA 10

EX Deoxys Gold Star Latias PSA 10

EX Dragon Frontiers Gold Star Charizard PSA 10

Skyridge Crystal Charizard PSA 10 #1

Skyridge Crystal Charizard PSA 10 #2

Skyridge Crystal Charizard PSA 10 #3

I’ll be interested to see if the next auction is as quiet as this upcoming one, these wasn’t even any MTG at all consigned for the current block and there was the least amount of pokemon than there’s been in what, a year or more? :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Woah ! Is there a reason gengar went so high ? Is it low pop or something ? Crazy number :blush:

1 Like

Who exactly is this guy that is buying all these high end cards for top premium prices? Ive heard about multiple cards he has bought. I know he also bought that SSB as well for 60k I think it was.

1 Like

Yeah it was 60k on the dot. He first offered 40k, then 50k which both got declined. Third time was the charm for what was coincidentally the No. 3 Trainer SSB.

1 Like

I’m the one that bought that PSA 10 Gengar Reverse Foil Legendary Collection. Lol

2 Likes

@thecharizardmaster curious if you needed it to complete a set or do you really like the card?

1 Like

I needed it to complete my 2nd set. I’m almost done. Just missing 3 more cards and I’ll have a master set. Unfortunately I was in a bidding war with somebody else who knew the true value of this card. Very hard to obtain since it has a population of 6. I was surprised myself it got up to $1,500 but I expected it to be around $1,100. I guess somebody else had the same idea. Lol

7 Likes

You guys see that Bgs 9.5 1st ed zard on pwcc up to 15k?? Wow! I’m not too much into Bgs but are quad 9.5s really worth around that? About 3 month ago a 3x 9.5 and 1x 9 went for 6k on pwcc. How do you Bgs guys view a 4x 9.5 compared to a 3x 9.5?

1 Like

@pierce , do you have any sales data of Bgs 9 and 9.5 1st edition base zards?

1 Like

It’s a strong card. PWCC has great hi-res pics, which makes this clear.

It looks like someone was shooting for a Pristine 10 and missed the mark so they decided to dump it.

Also factor in the fact that there are no more legitimate PSA 10 copies available, which is going to push prospective buyers to the next best thing.

3 Likes

No I don’t track BGS sales only PSA sorry. That quad zard could be going high because it’s a good crossover candidate, potentially cheap way to get a PSA 10 based on the end price.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the crazy bidding with 9 days left to go. I guess we will have to wait and see how high it goes and if it’s even paid for.

To be fair though, if we value PSA 10 at $40k, this card selling close to $20k wouldn’t be THAT surprising to me.

Most other 9.5s we’ve seen in the past year never looked better than the usual PSA 9 so it’s normal they did not earn much of a premium.

1 Like

Makes total sense on big items. Get rid of the riff raff early. Not many people are going to be dropping a 17k bid now so now you’re just going against a few people

2 Likes

Next month’s auctions are up, lots of exciting cards!

  • A good amount of 1st ed base holos PSA 10, including 2x Blastoise and 2x Venusaur
  • Loads of 1st ed base non holos
  • Shadowless Charizard PSA 10
  • Shadowless Charizard BGS 9.5
  • 1st ed base Charizard PSA 9
  • 1st edition shining Charizard PSA 10
  • Crystal Charizard PSA 10
  • Some PSA 9 and lower shinings and Gold Stars
11 Likes

I like it when they post up the new stuff so early :blush:

It’ll be interesting to see where the BGS Quad 1st Ed Base Charizard finishes … I wonder if whoever buys it will try for a PSA 10 crossover or if they just prefer BGS.

Edit: I just noticed the label actually says ‘Thick Stamp’ on it, kinda funny they designate it like that IMO.

5 Likes

That’s news to me, too! How cool.

1 Like