The PWCC Megathread

$2350 for PSA 10 1st edition Shining Charizard stood out to me. It seems higher than other recent sales.

4 Likes

$16kusd

1 Like

Call me naive, but with BGS 9.5 cards going for significantly less than PSA 10 (in the area of 1/3), yet likely being the same card quality and grade why are more people not buying them up, cracking the case, then submitting to PSA, and selling for a profit? Almost every BGS 9.5 looks like a PSA 10 to me, and the subgrades help verify that too.

1 Like

PSA 10> BGS 9.5

Sure some will cross to PSA 10, but not nearly all of them. You can be sure that many BGS 9.5’s have been crossed from PSA 9’s and I am the culprit for some of those. I have indeed also crossed a few BGS 9.5’s to PSA 10, but you also stand to lose out quite bad if you fall to PSA 9.

ETA: You were indeed being naive.

3 Likes

I have yet to cross a bgs 9.5 Pokémon card to PSA 10. While certain bgs 9.5 copies have more potential, overall most wont cross to PSA 10.

3 Likes

The Poke god has spoken!

In all seriousness, thanks to the above 2 posters for their insights. I’d always heard that BGS grades harder than PSA, so it seemed likely in my mind that a BGS 9.5 would score a PSA 10, and thus help boost the cards value since many buyers prefer a PSA grade over BGS. The thick stamp BGS 9.5 1st Charizard sold last night for “a mere $17k”, whereas I’m sure that card if graded PSA 10 would be a $30k card.

2 Likes

i know smpratte is rly smart btw
but noone is a god

6 Likes

Could you provide a link for this?SaveSave

1 Like

www.pwccmarketplace.com/current-auction?completed_items=&auction_id=134&q=&view=list&sort_by=time&category=121&date=0&page=1&items_per_page=50

3 Likes

Anybody score anything cool? I missed out on almost everything I went for but ended up getting the Mega Blastoise from Evolutions that went in that small bonus round last night.

1 Like

No it was a sad one for me, I know I should try to not sleep, I missed this dragonite again (expedition).
I should bid on the dark raichu too! I only had a Japanese venusaur from last PWCC sale.
Fortunately, I managed to find in another auction a PSA9 1st edition French raichu for only 41$.

1 Like

A couple of interesting cards in the next PWCC block including a shadowless psa 10 charizard. I noticed they added a video for it which I had never seen before. Is it a new thing they do for higher end cards? Here is a link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3El_Dt4NRY

2 Likes

The card owner probably slipped them a couple extra Benjamin’s to make the video

3 Likes

they get a nice cut from every sale, so advertising the highlight cards a little more is only benefitial to them :blush:

1 Like

They’ve started adding videos to the higher profile cards across all hobbies, not a bad idea tbh

4 Likes

Well for around $1600 in sales commission I would hope to get more than just a couple of scans to sell an item

3 Likes

Does the top left corner of the 1st edition base PSA 9 Charizard look strange to anybody else? It looks kind of odd to me because not only is it much shorter than the other corners but it looks really uneven, like somebody took a pair of scissors to it. Maybe that’s normal though; I don’t know.

Edited for link: www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-Holo-Charizard-4-PSA-9-MINT-PWCC/143008780499?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1 Like

$1600 commission on what kind of final sale price?

1 Like

It’s definitely missing a bit of cardboard on that top left corner. The yellow border should extend beyond the inner red frame of the card in a perfectly parallel line which it doesn’t do here. Edit: I don’t imply tampering, but you can easily find Zards with crisper corners.

2 Likes
20k
1 Like