The PWCC Megathread

Please just let us search using wildcards and especially the “-”.

Or at least let us filter by language.

5 Likes

9.5 random commons for $11 Is a decent buy lol

1 Like

Exactly. Yet it cost $15 to grade and after PWCC fees you’re -$7 for each $11 sale as the seller. There are a lot of cards I see that probably would have gone higher but were likely held back by being buried in trash

Great for the buyers with the time to scroll through everything but frankly a liability to both CGC and PWCC. Reinforces the association between CGC and low quality. I also wouldn’t be happy as a seller on PWCC to know my cards under-performed because they were buried (or at least, to perceive it this way).

6 Likes

It’d be great if PWCC had a vintage and a modern Pokemon block with, as much as it pains me to say, 2010-2012 being the cutoff for vintage.

1 Like

May as well just do wotc, ex, dp/hgss and then modern categories. Not tons of collectors who dabble in more than 1 or 2 categories i think

2 Likes

I don’t consider DP/HGSS to be vintage, but I know some do so that’s why I put 2010-2012 as the cutoff. Right now there’s just too much every week, that I only search for the 3-4 cards I’m actively looking for, and that’s it.

I dont really check anymore either, but smaller groups would be nice. Maybe id check more if it was set up like that. Its like the 2nd page of google that nobody looks at right now. Exceot its the 1000th page of junk slabs that nobody looks at

I’m trying to get a few theme auctions going once we see how the TCG Premier goes. Night for WOTC, Night for EX era, night for modern, etc.

10 Likes

I do this every week by sorting by Year (Before 2013). Even still, the number of pages that I have to sort through is crazy. It used to be 12-13 pages of 96 items each (~1,300 vintage cards) weekly. Now it is double or higher each week.

Would searching, “pokemon psa” filter out these junk slabs?

1 Like

It would certainly filter out the CGC and BGS junk slabs, but I’ve seen an uptick in PSA junk slabs too. :melting_face:

Just a characteristic of the hobby right now.

2 Likes

I’m still dumping some PSA junk slabs. Luckily I never felt the urge to grade with CGC.

I actually have somewhat of a solution in the works. I’ll share it when everything is finalized. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Scott is going to buy all of the junk slabs so none remain on the market :brain:

11 Likes

Like this but CGC slabs instead of coins

Scrooge-mcduck-diving-in-a-pool-of GIFs - Get the best GIF ...

3 Likes

While it can certainly be cumbersome to filter through a lot of what E4 members would call junk slabs, I think having low end affordable slabs for people who enjoy that aspect of the hobby is a great thing.

4 Likes

Except there were probably hundreds of slabs this block alone that didn’t get any bids.

5 Likes

Oh yea for sure I agree with many of the previous comments esp. re the CGC slabs that couldn’t even fetch the minimum $5. I was replying to the comment about PSA slabs as I saw a ton sell in the <$20 range and I just think it’s nice that these are available as an entry point for graded cards.

3 Likes

I don’t use PWCC too much, mostly a lurker slobbering over cards I can’t afford for my collection, but I view the intent of PWCC as selling premium slabs only.

The entry level slabs can always be on eBay

I think people are relying on the search bar too much instead of using the filters menu which lets you choose graders, date ranges, auction block etc

4 Likes