The PWCC Megathread

anyone notice the Mewtwo went for $1600 less than the last one on October 30th?

I think part of it was whitening on the back of the card, and part of it because it seems like most cards are cooling off in terms of growth for now since they’ve been sharply rising for a while

Had to come down, 6k was majorly overpriced and was not a sustainable price

I woke up to three emails from customers/friends thanking me for the heads up on this card (yes, I spoke to many about it so they wouldn’t end up paying 10,000 for a card worth 100.00)

Still, someone got ripped off totally for over 4000.00 and that is truly sad. You see, overlooking a miscut makes me wonder further about what else they overlooked?

4 Likes

Wish I checked eBay more religiously…

If anyone from here won the Walrein, Skarmory, or Flygon ex I’m offering significantly more for them in my wants thread (see signature)

2 Likes

completely agree. I was thinking that when the first one sold. but then still there were people that thought this auction was going to break 7k and I didn’t think it would get near that price

The previous Mewtwo was a stronger 10. That might not be the only reason, but its a reason.

5 Likes

yeah but almost going down 2k for very minuscule whitening seems a lot. could be part of the reason though paired with the other one was over priced and two people might have got carried away in a bid war thus driving up the price to that high figure.

I bagged…

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Pokemon-EX-Crystal-Guardians-Holo-Charizard-4-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-PWCC/352214456573?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Very happy, one of the main cards for my overall Delta Species Master Holofoil collection :grin: maybe a bit high in price? I don’t know!

On the Mewtwo and a few others which didn’t reach previous prices, PSA Pokemon Market usually has a slowdown in activity from Mid November - Start of April, due to Holiday season and less spare cash around,

Not many PSA Pokemon cards are bought as Christmas presents unless you REALLY know who your giving the gift too,

Might be a contributing factor,

Anyways very happy with this round from PWCC! :blush:

4 Likes

pretty much all just depends on how much the bidders value the card

I agree, but wouldn’t be surprised in it playing a major role. There was an extremely soft psa 10 shadowless zard that ended at least 1k under a stronger copy. Both sold within the same couple weeks.

The most disappointing aspect on the recent mewtwo was the last bidder who is now not registered. Non-paying buyers are the trolls of ebay.

6 Likes

yessir

1 Like

oh wow so the person that won this Mewtwo is now non paying?

That Staff Charizard did really bad. Sorry @jameskray :sweat:

1 Like

I hope these staffs rise eventually

Nice, this was a pretty choice auction for EX era collectors as a lot of them flew under the radar per usual. Many sold for significantly less than the copies from Hisoka’s auction iirc. It seems like PWCC Base Set price inflations distract bidders from gems like this.

2 Likes

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Fossil-1st-Edition-Ultra-Hi-Grd-COMPLETE-PSA-SET-ALL-PSA-10-PWCC-/142589373222

What do you think of this price? To clarify: I didn’t buy it, just watching.

I think it’s a fair price. I said $6k in the other thread, but that was quite a high estimate. Fossil isn’t really in demand tbh. You can find all the 10s you need just sitting on ebay unwanted.

@pokemonsyndicate seemed to have high expectations. lol

That title is just pitiful. What a waste of search space.

4 Likes

Ultra Hi-Grd :grin:

1 Like