The Great “Pokemon Hidden In Card Art” Thread

Thanks for remembering me! I actually did find this card already and made a comment about it www.elitefourum.com/t/looking-for-non-pikachu-cards-that-have-pikachu-in-the-art/24198/1

2 Likes

I’m not trying to derail this thread but following cards have hidden elements instead of hidden Pokemon imo.
To me one of the favourite cards from Expedition has been always Feraligatr, if you look at submerged body parts they are closer to teal ( which is Feraligatr’s shiny colour ) instead of blue.

Skyridge Rhydon is another interesting case. In generation 2 games the regular Rhydon sprites were black and shiny was light grey, that didn’t stop Pokemon giving regular set card a shiny look.

Looking forward to see more good stories of different cards. :blush:

2 Likes

Love this thread! I just looked through some of my binders to see what I could spot and I noticed some things I never noticed before!

Team Rocket’s Meowth is surrounded by silhouettes of various other Pokemon including Charizard:

Machamp appears to be flexing in front of Doduo, Pikachu, Jigglypuff(?), Hitmonchan and Voltorb:

There’s a couple of Pikachu cake decorations in this Cinccino card:

In this Exeggcute, the tree on the left is a normal palm tree but on the right is an Alolan Exeggutor:

5 Likes

@goldcrest, good find on the Team Rocket’s Meowth! I had never noticed it for my whole life, but a user on E4 actually discovered it a few months back and made a thread about it!: www.elitefourum.com/t/another-card-i-noticed-something-new-about/24360/1

After seeing the thread and having my mind blown, I did some digging and put together a post on Page 3 analyzing the card further if you’re interested to learn more:)

1 Like

And now we have come full circle to the original post of this thread :blush:

1 Like

Took me way too long to notice this. Neo Revelation Ho-Oh has the wings of Skarmory and Lugia in the artwork.

Surely someone with actual editing skills could make this look a lot nicer :blush:

12 Likes

An no, my editing skills would probably be even worse than yours. :wink: Just googled this image.

Some other cards also have a combined picture. You usually can’t see them on each others artwork like the wings in the picture above, though.

Some examples:
Neo Revelations Legendary dogs:

Neo Discovery Eevee, Espeon, Umbreon:

The Advent Rally 2002 Japanese P promos:

And I could probably name a few more. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

16 Likes

@quaador ,
Well great, now I’ve got to find the rally set. Only ones on eBay are graded or raw but as much as the graded ones.

Larvitar is looking at his reflection in the water

12 Likes

Machop uses dig - it’s super effective on poor Pikachu. I don’t know what’s going on with Psyduck here, maybe it protects Pikachu with telekinesis?

2 Likes

As many of you know, I love going through bulk and take in all the artworks and I found one I cant see anyone has talked about :blush: Love stuff like this

3 Likes

WHAT THE - this entire time I interpreted this as Larvitar climbing over an edge with his strangely large arm (which I see now to be his left foot) with what appeared to be clouds in the background that alluded to the height that he’s climbing. This blew my mind.

3 Likes

Oh wow I’ve been looking at this card all wrong during all these years as well! Bruh

@johnnymucho @xzini You’re not the only ones. In fact, I had this card for 2+ years before I first saw Larvitar in the anime. I had no idea it had a body like that. Thanks to this Neo Discovery artwork I always thought Larvitar was just a head like that, haha.

If I had to pick any artwork I dislike the most of all existing Pokémon card, it would be this one. Not because it’s a bad artwork when you know what you’re looking at, but just because it fooled me for all that time as a kid. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

Somewhere on this card is Lugia :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome lil eye spy :laughing: And there is also a Vivillion!

2 Likes

The new Magikarp from Rebel Clash has a chonky Pikachu on it.

6 Likes

Oh, never noticed either of those before. :grin: Now that I look closer at the artwork, I also see seven different Ho-Oh. Can you spot them all (excluding the obvious Ho-Oh in the Pokémon Center logo, so eight including that one)?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Kanahei doesn’t get commssioned alot, but if Kanahei does, the art is always good!! Kanahei is super famous is Japan!

I only care for Lugia :grin: :wink: haha I will have a look tonight!

1 Like

Hidden Pikachu and DrifloonInkay silhouettes in the Chespin Art Academy.

External Media

6 Likes