The Great “Pokemon Hidden In Card Art” Thread

Is there a venusaur in that set to add to the art work ?

Unfortunately no. It’s even by a different artist:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Got another one. Ooyama’s Pikachu has a hidden Weedle by the tree:

2 Likes

@jakew1992 I was real bummed out that the venusaur in the set didnt go along with them. How cool would that of been! The venusaur doesn’t go along with the either of the other bulbasaur or ivysaur artworks either

Either its just me and my phone sucks or the picture you posted didnt work. I dont See a picture in your post

These 2 consecutive ANA promos of 2 Pokémon having a blast while playing Hide & Seek. So cheeky!

13 Likes

I’m loving this thread! I need to start taking a little more time admiring card artworks of my own. I have a lot of these cards and y’all have pointed out several things i have never noticed!

2 Likes

Agreed. Side by side you see it immediately, but with a couple of cards between them (in a binder for instance), they’re easy to overlook.

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to add that to my non pikachu cards with pikach collection!

1 Like

I came across another pair of cards that kinda go hand in hand. They’re from HGSS base set. They aren’t a one card to the next continued art but this slowpoke and slowbro are lurking around in the same cave!

I initially thought the slowbro was amongst water (and that the same substance in the back of slowpokes card was water too), but then I realized that slowbro is standing erect. So I figured out he was standing on ice (and that the stuff in the background of slowpokes card was ice too obviously). I doubt slowbro can be like Jesus and walk on water being 173 pounds haha.

Anyway, wasnt the heart gold and soul silver gameboy games just a redo of the original gold and silver gameboy games? I remember an ice cave in the gold and silver games! It had that tricky puzzle where you had to slide on the ice in a certain pattern and hit the rocks the right way to advance through. It was pretty cool.

I think its super cool when they incorporate aspects of the game into the cards!

I thoroughly enjoyed these two cards, I love the style of the art! (And I wonder what has slowbro so fascinated/perplexed). I’m about to hit up troll and road and buy a bunch of these two cards reverse holo varients.

Rock on everyone!

6 Likes

For a second I was thinking maybe the Slowpoke evolved into Slowbro there. If there was a Shellder that bit his tail there. But if that’s ice instead of water then that doesn’t make sense.

Unless Slowbro is really Jesus

1 Like

It’s the Slowpoke Well, a cave near Azalea Town. You are referring to the Ice Path in Blackthorn City :blush:

1 Like

Ahhh ok, thanks for filling me in! Did you know that off the top of your head? If so, impressive! If my memory serves me well, wasn’t there a Team Rocket member standing in front of the entrance to that cave? I reckon it’s time I play through gold version again!

1 Like

I have always enjoyed this “hidden” little Electabuzz :blush:

9 Likes

I remember seeing this card in 1999 at a coin shop. The design and little Electabuzz blew my mind, never saw any card like it (only Base-Fossil existed). One of my favorites! :blush:

5 Likes

I only had to look up the exact cave names. Right, Team Rocket was there. They were cutting off Slowpoke tails to sell them.

1 Like

Articuno being its majestic self in this ekans card. I noticed it while opening uber rare limited edition rare scarce hard to find rare hidden fates packs.

8 Likes

It’s actually part of a trio like this. Here the two cards with Moltres and Zapdos in the background (both from the Unified Minds set):

I personally like Ekans the most, though. But all three together are pretty cool. Will buy them right away, since they’re Commons anyway. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

Was going through Komiya’s art and found this interesting item. Pikachu collectors may want to add this Ditto from Split Earth/Skyridge to their list (@quuador and @sacari):

4 Likes

I actually found this card a few months back when my cousin was giving me some of his old ones that he had no use for. I just love any ditto card where it just looks fierce haha and the prism star one from lost thunder always makes me smile! But, i never did notice that pika in the back art until now

2 Likes