Aerodactyl (or charizard?)

8 Likes

@emba, Its an Aerodactyl :blush:

12 Likes

Hehe yeah, it was way harder to see on the holofoil version

1 Like

Kabutops skeleton

1 Like

I never took the time to actually study this card for two seconds to understand that it’s actually a Kabutops (just from glancing I assumed it was some fish fossil). And looking closer, that hand is actually probably an Aerodactyl wing.

1 Like

@quuador, That is a great find! I think I actually have that in my japanese bulk, ill have to go check. :blush:

1 Like

@mtajaj32 @jakew1992
It actually represents all of the Fossil Pokemon from that era. Kabutops, Aerodactyl, and Omanyte (note the lack of spikes on the shell).

2 Likes

I hate that gourgeist card because I’ll probably never own it and there’s a wee little tiny Drifloon in it :sob:

1 Like

Imagine that Gourgeist in full art form. Missed opportunity :slightly_frowning_face:

The 2nd puzzle is actually supposed to be and aerodactyl not a kabutops!

2 Likes

Woops, you’re completely right! Edited.

Greetz,
Quuador

Some other animals in Pokémon artworks (list taken from here - I’ve excluded the mentioned ‘shark’ in Super Rod, since that’s a Magikarp):

Bird on top of Weepinbell:

Bug in front of Bulbasaur’s toe:

Frog next to Oddish (never noticed this one myself before :open_mouth: ):

Wasp near Venonat (I also didn’t knew about this one prior):

Butterfly on top of Squirtle’s tail:

Butterflies around Eevee:

Worm-bait for Magikarp:

Worm underneath Spearow:

Crab next to Exeggutor:

Sea anemones next to Wooper:

Butterflies and fish around Slowpoke:

Fish/porpoise near Magikarp (a bit hard to see):

Coral next to Horsea:

Coral and sea anemone below Quagsire:

Coral behind Luvdisk:

I think there are more artworks with coral / sea anemones not in the list, though… Will see if I can find a few more later on.

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

That’s actually a heracross in the making!

2 Likes

Was looking through some Magikarp cards and realized there’s extra Pokemon (Poliwhirl) featured in the Expeditions card:

11 Likes

This kinda fits in. I never noticed this til last night! Remember the tree from the kirby and super smash bros games? Well he was in the base set weedle card!

2 Likes

Noticed this today, not really hidden art but thought it could be posted here. 1 of the 2 different of each of the bulbasaur and ivysaur arts in the ex crystal guardians set go together to make one scene! The two pokemon frolicking in a meadow playing in a patch of flowers. How lovely!

14 Likes

Wow, ok, maybe I need to collect ex cards. LOVE THESE! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Not so hidden, but similar to that Bulbasaur / Ivysaur combination: Minun and Plusle make a complete rainbow together:

8 Likes

Almost all the Plusle & Minun cards are related to each other, though. Some connected like the one you’ve shown, or like this partially overlapping one from POP3:

Sometimes they see each other in the artworks, like EX Deoxys for example:

or Dark Explorers:

And even if they don’t see each other or are connected, they are usually still related. Like the POP1 where both Plusle and Minun are inside the same dome glass house:

Or Legendary Treasures where Minun is cheering along with the winning side, and Plusle is sad with the losing side:

Here you can see all Plusle & Minun artworks, which you could place side by side: Plusle & Minun.

Not all are related unfortunately. And it seems to have stopped completely since Sun & Moon, since they are even different artists now :slightly_frowning_face: Kinda a bummer, since I always like this theme that was going on with Plusle & Minun, and how both were made by the same illustrators and usually related to each other in terms of artwork.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Those Dark Explorers ones were a mind blown moment for me, I never noticed that!

1 Like