The Giant Professional Grading Thread

This is the back side.

Based on these photos anywhere from 6-10

3 Likes

Nice pull! As with most modern, anywhere from an 7-10. Check this PSA guide out.

Broad strokes:
Surface: any dents/scratches? god forbid – a crease?
Centering: top/bottom and left/right centering is what you’re looking at (both sides)
Corners: prone to dents, nicks and whitening
Edges: prone to dents, nicks, whitening and folding

Personally it could very well be a 9/10 candidate – but sleeved photos can only show so much. It’s really going to be your call if a card is worth grading.

Enjoy the submission experience! You will learn a lot very quickly (in some cases, the hard way – my first ever submission was a 4 on a FRLG Gengar ex). Learning to “pre-grade” your cards is just something that will take a few submissions. If you’d like, you could get one of these cheap desk clamped light magnifiers to really see imperfections on your cards.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you for the reply!

Just coming here to say those magnifiers are awesome!

2 Likes

Has anyone done an edit to a submitted PSA card? I made an edit but I’m not sure what’s next, should I expect an approval/denail email or some sort of confirmation?

The couple times I reported an error they just fixed it on the back end with no notification.

3 Likes

Small vent. My brothers cards from the psa back log have been coming back. Was anything during this period actually graded with any consistency? Other views on subs you’ve had back from the back log only please would be great to hear. He did well overall in 10s and 9s it’s not the overall grades it’s which cards got the 9s and which got the 10s.

Just got my first damage incurred email from PSA. Luckily it was just a Picasso Touch promo. Originally a 9 down to a 4. If it was a 10 I’d be super down cause I’ve never gotten a 10 on the dozen or so I’ve sent. They offered $40 plus the grading fee of $15 applied to the order fee which I accepted.

2 Likes

Any have knowledge on psa’s pack grading? I submitted my first one a while ago and it took forever to finish research id but upon looking at my sub it says “2009 pokemon platinum foil pack foil pack Dialga” so I reported the error and said foil pack shouldn’t be repeated. They closed it be case and decided that it should stay the way they originally put it. What can I do from here?

I have a PSA 10 Charizard GX from Hidden Fates that I bought from someone in person. However, the card is very loose inside the slab and I can hear it rattling around, which is concerning since it’s an expensive card. I am considering using PSA’s re-holder services to address this issue, but I don’t have a membership and will have to pay $40 for shipping and insurance.

My main concern is the possibility of the loose card causing damage, especially since I didn’t grade the card myself. Additionally, I came across a YouTube video where the card is shaken in the slab to test for damage, and though the person claims there is none, I noticed little dents on the top of the card that weren’t there before.

So, should I go ahead with the re-holder service or leave the card as is? Any advice would be appreciated!

There is not much flexibility with how they label things. In this case it shouldn’t be an issue though

The “set” name is 2009 Pokemon Platinum Foil Pack. The “item” name is “Foil Pack Diagla”

It will probably look like this

4 Likes

Every card in a psa slab has some wiggle room where it can move around if shaken, some more pronounced than others but a reholder won’t “fix” it. Should be fine as long as you’re not playing ultimate frisbee with your slabs.

5 Likes

Cool thanks I thought they were gonna have foil pack repeating in the slab which would’ve looked goofy lol

thanks for the reply. curious as to why a re-holder wouldnt fix it. dont they just reslab the card wouldnt they be able to secure it more properly during that process?

PSA just puts the cards in the slabs, there is no extra precision “proper securing” process for individual cards that aren’t a perfect fit. Neither the cards nor the slabs are built to super precise tolerances, and it’s normal for some cards to move inside the slabs.

4 Likes

I see, thank you. This was the first time I’ve seen a card move around so freely inside a PSA slab, as I don’t have many of them.

The card moves because it is probably very straight with not much warping. Don’t think reholder will solve this movement issue. I would say keep your money.

The PSA reholder horror stories are true.

This WAS a psa 10 no symbol scyther

4 Likes