The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Mr Boo if we can dial it down a couple notches… Either way you slice it, one guy made 100k while the other guy missed the bag for his preferred casing. To each their own tho. Thanks for the back and forth btw.seems kind of drawn out at this point but appreciate it

Can we understand the difference was a 20k BGS 9.5 and a 120k psa 10. Theres not a lugia in the world that can justify sacrificing 100k because you “prefer BGS”. if u prefer bgs grade over a psa grade thats fine I guess. But you can even
ask lugia right now if he wants to chill in 20k home or a 120k home. Its an easy wrap

I’m just rambling now. I can’t afford either so I’m just yapping away about peanuts at this point… So ya I’m in a bidding war for a gma 3 tanglea so ill BRB wish me luck

1 Like

I have a collection of the world championship cards from 2006 that I would love to have encapsulated, I cant find any other graded copies which makes me think PSA doesn’t grade them.

Does any know if this is true?

I have seen PSA slabs of World Championships cards, so I think you can get them graded.

1 Like

I can’t afford them either :laughing: The point that I was making is that the bgs 9.5 would have crossed to a psa 9 because it has a 9 subgrade.

2 Likes

@oldmanglitch, you can get them graded, but there’s a reason you don’t see many for sale graded

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right…The 100k difference in price just set me off lol. Thanks man

@oldmanglitch, moved your thread to the appropriate place!

I am considering doing this, normally I’d just crack and resubmit but being as the cards are each worth over 2k and have decent grades as is, I’d like to try to try the option to resub at a different company with desired grade. If it matters the cards are in psa cases and graded 8s, Id like to see them as bgs 8.5s or maybe even 9s if I am lucky.

does this require a special form? Or 2nd option: should I just sell them and buy the bgs grades I want? cards are crystals and all english holos psa 8 I imagine I’d be about breaking even at selling and rebuying but idk who knows, any help is appreciated and maybe Ill make a buylist here soon to see if the buying option would be easier.

Not looking to hear psa is way better or any opinions on grading companies really, I have hundreds of cards with each label so I very much understand. Its just that these cards are going in a case with other bgs cards

@wisewailmer, moved your post to the appropriate thread!

Oh thank you! I didnt know there was such a thread

@wisewailmer, you can send to bgs and have them put a minimum crack grade, where they’ll only crack if it meets a certain grade.

yeah my original post title got removed but it was basically has anyone ever done this? Does it generally work or do they see another companies grade and think why would I grade higher?

It works just fine from what I’ve heard

I had a conspiracy in the back of my mind that another company would grade lower by default, but I recently saw a post where someone got PSA to regrade a CGS 9.5 Japanese Base Charizard as a PSA 10. Think it was sent in as the CGS slab but not 100%

Just had a look at my PSA 6 Zapdos with an old serial and thinking they were more lenient on grading back then?

I haven’t saw many lower grade cards in person so what are your thoughts? I would have thought a whitening chip like this on the back would bring it down to PSA 1-3

Someone should create a quiz of photos of pre-graded cards and you guess what the grade is and then it’s revealed …

2 Likes

Can someone do free pre grades on all my cards!?!? :joy::joy::joy:

Yes, Mcorey. First, list all of your cards’ pictures. And I mean all of them. You can do them in groups of one hundred pictures each, but 500 picture posts are preferred. Then we will dissect the cards condition down to the tee. Not a square millimeter will be overlooked. We will get through this together.

4 Likes

My collection would break this thread haha. 95 percent of my cards are ungraded. I don’t see a point in grading unless I’m ready to sell. I was just getting a laugh out of the free pre grades thread. Good luck on your grades everyone!

3 Likes

Careful, the mods don’t like it when you talk down to their older certs. (joking)

But yeah it looks like a rough 6. Maybe the grader was having a good day

2 Likes