The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Thanks I know it shouldnt be upcharges just some special delivery charizards. So should be in the value thresehold unless there dumb and need to research that its a falling knife.

Hopefully not damaged but least can be prepared for that now. I had another order that arrived 3 days ago that hasent been logged in yet thought they were getting faster at atleast checking in orders these days.

I’m there with you on Day 11.

$50 Economy order stuck in QA2.
Arrived: 08/08/22
Order Prep: 09/01/22
Research/ID: 09/01/22
Grading: 09/01/22
Assembly: 10/04/22
QA 1: 10/04/22
QA 2: 10/06/22

I’ve got a $50 order that was entered 8/05 that has been stuck in QA2 for 7 days now. Meanwhile my $18 sub that was entered 9/01 is also in QA2. Kinda sucks to pay 150% more and have the order completed in the same amount of time

8 Likes

I submitted to Polaris $30 dollar tier when it was announced. I got it back last week. Seems to be going at normal-ish speed.

Ludkins on the other hand… Definitely not a “PSA doesn’t care about middlemen” issue. It’s incredibly clear at this point that Ludkins is having a payment issue.

edit: but I guess it could be the case that Polaris isn’t an official PSA middleman and it’s basically just an individual sending in cards which is why it’s going at normal speed

Polaris is ludkins rebranded

3 Likes

Well not necessarily. Ludkins had reduced rates. We don’t know if Polaris gets reduced rates or not like Ludkins did. It seems like they don’t.

I’m quite aware that they’re run by the same person, Arcashine. But the similarities end there as far as I know.

This has definitely been asked before but… I just want to confirm. When submitting to psa what should declared value for each card (raw value vs expected grade value)

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Just max it out. Its what you want the insurance to be, not the value. If they mangle or lose your card, how much do you need to be paid to make you alright

4 Likes

Just an update on my $18 submission:

Arrived: 8/3
Entered: 8/17
QA1: 10/6
Shipped: 10/19

So all in all a little over 2 months start to finish, which I’m pretty happy with!

4 Likes

So did the tracker update to say shipped today? Just wondering as that would mean as early as 7am they’re processing orders.

1 Like

It actually was marked as shipped yesterday PM, I added the extra day because I figured it wasn’t going anywhere until today, haha.

1 Like

Smart move.

1 Like

$50 Economy order moved into shipping today. The whole process took about 2.25 months. Faster than what was advertised, but it was a bit odd to see the $18 special submissions come back faster.

Arrived: 08/08/22
Order Prep: 09/01/22
Research/ID: 09/01/22
Grading: 09/01/22
Assembly: 10/04/22
QA 1: 10/04/22
QA 2: 10/06/22
Shipped: 10/19/22
Actual Shipping Date: 10/20/22

1 Like

Agreed that it’s weird that this was processed at the same speed as the $18 special. I get that the greater price is in part due to the card value, but I would still expect faster service overall.

1 Like

Question for everyone: where are you all seeing the dates for each of your steps at PSA? Is there somewhere you can view them or were you just keeping track of them yourselves?

1 Like

Keeping track of them manually. PSA only provides dates for Arrived, Entered, and Shipped.

1 Like

Yeah I probably should have been doing this. LOL.

1 Like

Just had a Yugioh PSA sub at the $30 tier finish in about 3 weeks. I’m guessing they have teams dedicated to the different TCGs that are less backed up than Pokemon (or I just got lucky on this one).

My last two submissions have had Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, so presumably the graders do both since they let you submit them together.