The Giant Professional Grading Thread

Same here.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious to see how those turned out. Are you doing a follow up video on them?

1 Like

mine have been in grading for just over a weekā€¦ hoping Iā€™ll get to see them back before the year ends!

Definitely. I expect a couple subs to be back by EOM including that one. Might even get my ludkins stuff If Iā€™m super lucky LOL

1 Like

Hereā€™s my economy submissionā€¦ almost there! Letā€™s hope they donā€™t have it in QA 2 for another few weeks.

Arrived: 08/08/22
Order Prep: 09/01/22
Research/ID: 09/01/22
Grading: 09/01/22
Assembly: 10/04/22
QA 1: 10/04/22
QA 2: 10/06/22

Hopefully QA 2 is moving i have a 3 card $50 tier sub thats been in QA2 for 5 days so far.

1 Like

$15 order marked as received 1 day after delivery. Think in 2021 took a few weeks just for that.

1 Like

Some of my recent grading turnaround times over the last couple months for reference. Counting in calendar days from the day the cards are delivered to them until the day the cards ship back. Iā€™d imagine the lower tiers at PSA have had a lot of fluctuation with the recent specials so YMMV depending on when you submit.

PSA bulk - 59
PSA bulk - 66
PSA value - 82
PSA walkthrough - 2

BGS standard - 20
BGS standard - 18
BGS express - 10

CGC bulk - 8
CGC bulk - 12
CGC bulk - 9
CGC economy - 7
CGC standard - 7
CGC standard - 5
CGC express - 3
CGC walkthrough - 1

3 Likes

BGS expanding the recent price drops to all tiers now

Love to see it

4 Likes

I like the 10 card minimum w/ subgrades in the ā€˜Collectors Special Editionā€™ tier. The prices donā€™t seem too bad imo.
Edit: Also forgot to mention the turnaround times, they look great (assuming theyā€™re accurate). Comparing the 30-60 day turnaround to PSAā€™s current bulk turnaround of roughly 120 days. Seems promising!

I canā€™t speak to the bulk tiers but higher subs have been accurate for me, and submitting early into this special will probably get through faster. I think 2020 has encouraged all 3 companies to generally over-quote their turn times rather than disappoint customers.

3 Likes

Looks like PSA has started grading the Silver/Gold poker sets.

2 Likes

I have a few of these in my BGS pile for when they change their case, but if PSA will grade them then I think Iā€™ll send them there.

Guess I should try to convince PSA to start grading some of the other stuff I have in my BGS pile. Would love to send them a bunch of phone cards.

1 Like

lol of course, I had a few of these I wanted to grade but sold them like 3 weeks ago because I forgot only bgs would grade them

1 Like

Yep, I have some Iā€™ll send now. Hopefully they will grade the other few sets eventually.

1 Like

Ho Lee Fuk. After 2 days in Assembly, and 12 days in QA1 my order has progressed to QA2.

I donā€™t think I wouldā€™ve survived the 18-month turnaround time.

2 questions

With psa what is the average QA2 time lately $50 tier and today is day 10 of QA2 feels excessive for a last check.

Any one have updates with Polaris or is it same issues as Ludkins ?

I had a $50 tier order that was in QA2 for 4 hours in August. Thatā€™s sounds super slow.

Iā€™m jealous, many july special orders seem to be zoomin! Mine feels like itā€™s slogging at every step, but I know itā€™s still much faster than itā€™s been in a very long time, I am just super excited to get them back lol

at what point can you view your grades?

My experience with a long time in qa2 means either upcharges or damage email incoming