日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Other recent promos, including Nagaba Pikachu, have applied to all product categories. I’m just uncertain because the announcement specifically mentions TCG products.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t. The Japanese just said for every 1k purchase you get 1 card. There was no written stipulation. But although it’s not written, preorders generally have been treated differently. Especially online - I’d be incredibly surprised if it worked on the online store.

4 Likes

Okay, good! I saw the stipulation on Pokebeach, so it could have been a mistake.

4 Likes

Looks like the card-related purchases is in fact the requirement?

3 Likes

Darn… I am getting an error message whenever I try to check out. Seems like other people are experiencing this as well.

3 Likes

have you been able to checkout yet? Been trying for an hour now.

2 Likes

I gave up after trying several times. Currently in the queue on mobile.

3 Likes

I managed to get 2 orders in. The problem is tons of stuff is sold out even though they don’t label it sold out. I had to buy random stuff I don’t even want lol.

4 Likes

Am I missing something? Is there going to be huge advantage of buying random crap over just picking these cards up as singles? Pokémon really got people hook line and sinker, damn.

4 Likes

its just 70 dollars worth of stuff that I can sell and get 10 promo cards out of. sleeves, slippers, a shirt, playmat, etc.

3 Likes

Do you actually get all the promos or are they distributed randomly?

I just can’t be bothered with Pokémon pre-order antics anymore I guess.

3 Likes

Yep, looks like that was the issue for me. I was able to check out.

It looks like the promos are added if there is at least 1 TCG item in your cart. The amount of promos you get is based on the total of your ENTIRE cart. So I was able to get some stuff I actually wanted as long as I threw in a pack of sleeves, yay!

3 Likes

its one random promo for every 1000 yen spent.

3 Likes

When buying the cards on ebay. How was the price curve last time? Did the price stay high and constant from the beginning or was there drop off after 2-3 weeks?

4 Likes

As far as I remember, it dropped off and stabilized for the Pikachu card. It only picked up very recently after the Eevee promos were announced. I myself am waiting for a few weeks for the prices to stabilize. Also as always, the whole set should be cheaper than the individual cards, which if I see now, the Umbreon is probably 7-8 USD higher than the other cards.

Edit: I was talking about trends on Japanese secondary market, did not realize you asked about ebay which I have no idea. Apologies!

Cheers!

4 Likes

It’s all good. Thanks for the answer. Doesn’t matter if we are talking Yahoo.jp or eBay. I think the difference is not too big anymore.

3 Likes

If anyone is still trying, the online store has been a lot more manageable in the last few hours. They also restocked some TCG accessories (but no packs).

3 Likes

‘future implementation is undecided’ :man_shrugging:

this is about the physical stores in Japan, not online store

4 Likes

“The future implantation is undecided”

“When it is implemented “

My read is they will do another release but still need to restock the Pokemon Store, print more promos, and decide how and when they will release more. If they even do the same release method.

IMO, Special Delivery Charizard was a much better release strategy where it just dripped over time instead of an avalanche.

4 Likes

Anyone want to predict the 3-5 year valuation of this bad boy?

Just over 2k of the promos have been graded at PSA – not sure how the prevalence of the promo will affect sealed prices over the years though.

5 Likes