日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

I mean it looks like a lot especially for one individual but thats only 20-40 cases in each picture

2 Likes

The non-doomsayer in me says that for all the issues with sealed boxes there has never been a better time to get A+++ artwork at extremely reasonable prices. The Shinji Kanda Magikarp is a bit overpriced considering it is just an art rare but I think there is an argument it is possibly the best modern set card ever and you can get it for 2000ish yen right now. I think that price is purely down to how popular of a card it is due to its art, and in past years it could easily be a 20,000+ yen card or Pokemon Center box promo. I think the Pokemon Company has done a good job at making a plethora of incredible full art cards available for an absolute steal at times.

3 Likes

I definitely need a copy of the Kandakarp! It might be one of the few modern cards I end up buying in Japanese and in English. I also agree that it feels a little overpriced right now for an AR. Hopefully the price will come down a little around the time it releases in English, but I can definitely see it holding similar to the Starmie/Misty gallery card. Ofc I’m not sure what the pull rate for the Magikarp is but I’m hoping it’s plentiful.

2 Likes

Is ~$4000 reasonable for this PSA 10 lottery Charizard? It has a kind of wavy label, but I’ve heard that’s a quite common issue with the older slabs. Not sure if it should affect the value at all. It’s worth mentioning that I’m trying to decide between this and a PSA 9 Neo 4 Shining Charizard, which would likely cost a bit more.

3 Likes

I think personally, this is a tricky card because of the absolute rarity element to it. Based on sale values for PSA 10, I almost want to say that it seems like a decent price maybe a bit over. Ideal would be 3.3k to 3.5k USD but considering there are only 5000 of these cards, it’s very tempting. Also you basically have to pay a Charizord premium as well compared to the other 5 cards in the set.

Maybe others would have better insight on terms of graded card value. The raw copy should go for sub 2k USD.

Cheers!

5 Likes

The new set you say? Boy that’d be cool to open if it wasnt already being scalped to insane levels :rofl:

2 Likes

Echoing @mrbubbles point above this card has only 5000 copies said to have been released and only around 350~ graded. 241 of those are 10s though so even with the rarity the 10 price stays decent. I would say $4000 is a little high and $3300-3600 is a more reasonable range personally, but in terms choosing of between this card and a Neo 4 Shining zard go with this one all the way first if you intend to get both. Especially as a neo 9 has a decent 9 pop of 155 and is less the price of an e card 10 currently.

3 Likes

Ok. so I have a question for my full art experts here, particularly in the “AR” department (Alternate rare, alt art?)

This Kanda Karp that just released… based on the history of releases, is this going to be a card I should pick up for ~$20 now and get it over with? Or is it best to wait, as it is expected to go down? I am in no hurry to get this whatsoever. But I have a mild concern it goes even higher. The idea of spending even $20 on a brand new non-umbreon/charizard card is crazy to me, let alone more. But I haven’t a clue about full arts and how they trend. Would hope this would be around $3-5 like the wonderful Komiya I just got.

Some FA are dirt cheap, some are hundreds of dollars. I only know about the nature of a secret rare, in this case 080/073, to be less likely to obtain than a simple rare.

3 Likes

If you wait 60-90 days post-release, you will most likely get the lowest price. There will be exceptions here or there, but that is the general trend.

2 Likes

It honestly feels disrespectful how cheap the AR’s are (which by the way I think stands for “Art Rare”) – pull rates be damned. Put some respek on the AR name.

2 Likes

are there any good resources to get Japanese boxes near MSRP right now that isn’t PCJ? ive applied for the lotto but I doubt I’ll have much luck with it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

There’s the Amazon.co.jp lottery as well, but other than that I think it’s pretty tough stateside to pull that off – especially now.

3 Likes

yeah I entered those as well but I somehow have even less hope for those but who knows, maybe I’ll get lucky

2 Likes

I think other than PCJ, it is only Amazon for MSRP? Good luck with those. The prices are just bonkers right now. Also saw this image for pre-orders from Plaza Japan for sets coming out in April which was just ridiculous.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that pricing as well. I’m definitely priced out of the market if thats going to be the new norm

2 Likes

18 Likes

I just bought two Kanda Karps. Didn’t see a reason why I should wait much longer just to safe $10. It’s honestly such a special card that I could see it never really come down from it’s initial price. And if it does, whatever. I’m just glad to have them.

12 Likes

Gah! I know… why am I such a cheapskate sometimes? I just spent $500 this month already on cards. It is decided. We will once again be in the kanda kompletionist klub once again!

5 Likes

kanda kompletionist klub

you’re gonna want to reconsider this acronym

24 Likes

…I had to add Egawa to my Kusube, Komiya, Kusajima collection.
:grimacing:

7 Likes