日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

I’ve never been picked in a lottery. I’m guessing they filter out addresses that use proxy services like Tenso.

2 Likes

Tenso Gang, we out here and we sad :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve never personally won, but a couple friends have won these lotteries and use Tenso.

2 Likes

Idk i use blackship lol i dont think theyd bother with filtering something like that; not sure if theyd even rly be able to

2 Likes

I came across japanese no rarity cards recently not from wotc i think it was after nintendo took over the printing, but I was interested in the idea of errors, does anyone know of any errors within the sword and shield era, I’ve seen an ink error card and cards with thicker black ink mainly on the text, but have not really heard much about error cards from sword and shield, mainly miscuts, thanks

2 Likes

I would check out this thread.

3 Likes

Well I know for Tenso they recognize the Tenso HQ/Locker addresses, but I’m not familiar iwth Blackship. Maybe it was just bum luck?

3 Likes

Yea probably just bad luck, oh well lol!

2 Likes

Recently found this in my binder and I was wondering if this would be considered an error

2 Likes

I don’t follow the market as close as used to, but has anyone noticed that Japanese prices are higher than English cards? I’m not talking just about the very high end but also newer cards too. Is Japanese going to be the more expensive language in the future?

3 Likes

For the cheapest common card, the minimum price is $1 since there are no online card shops selling Japanese singles like trollandtoad or tcgplayer. The same card in English is 5 to 25 cents.

Higher end cards have been more expensive in Japanese for the past year or 2

4 Likes

Modern Japanese supply is just nowhere near enough to meet the influx of international demand.

In general, i feel like Japanese already is the more expensive language.

3 Likes

There is a PSA 10 Crystal Charizard from Unlimited Mysterious Mountains up for auction on PWCC, which ends tomorrow.

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/3415431/2002-pokemon-japanese-mysterious-mountains-1st-holo-crystal-charizard-89-psa-10

Right now it’s at $29,500. I thought maybe this crazy price was due to the smaller pop report for Unlimited PSA 10s (37) than 1st Edition PSA 10s (122). But I checked 130point, and a recent Unlimited PSA 10 sold for ~$10,000.

What is going on here? An awful case of shill bidding? Speculation?

4 Likes

666 :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

That must be it… the 666 premium!

2 Likes

Sometimes people have a lot of money and not as much time.

The difference between 10k and 25k for some is like the difference between $100 and $250 for you. There’s also benefits to bidding within pwcc

3 Likes

Are you referring to no sales tax and/or opportunities for international buyers?

2 Likes

Yeah plus the ability to pay through crypto or money already on your account

4 Likes

pretty much what @needszeebs mention.

I’ll addon a few things. A lot of Japanese collectors don’t sell often and hold on to their cards longer than English collectors Which cause more demand for certain cards cause they are being sniped left and right. Sets from 2021 are gonna be worth a lot more since there wasn’t a big re-print for some of them. Example; Blue Sky Stream and Towering Perfection.

3 Likes

It is great to see the ongoing growth in interest in Japanese Pokemon cards, and nice to see how prices of some of the 2019-2021 sets have stayed strong in a down market.

English will always be King, of course, but I was surprised at just how big a difference there was when I looked at grading stats from the recent boom years.

I first posted the below information on another forum, and thought it might be of interest here.

":In mid-September 2020 I recorded the total number of PSA graded cards for the early English and Japanese sets.

The intention was to update these at some time in the future, to see just how the numbers might change, as we made our way through the boom times.

As 2 years has now passed, and in view of recent reports that PSA has mostly cleared their backlog, I thought the time was right to check the new totals.

That’s a total of 754,763 English cards graded in 2 years, and 80,578 Japanese cards graded in 2 years.

Obviously anyone would have predicted that a larger number of English cards would be sent for grading, but I’m not sure that I expected such a significant difference, given the apparent boost in interest in Japanese cards over the last 2-3 years.

Of particular note is the fact that as of September 2020, some 20 years after the initial release of English Pokemon cards, there were a total of 321,872 graded English cards from the above sets.

A mere 2 years later there are now over a million cards from these English sets graded."

6 Likes