日本のマーケット部分 The Giant Japanese Market Thread

Yeah for sure that one flew under the radar. It came out at that weird time of Shiny Star V and Kanazawa Pikachu hype and along with all the covid weirdness I think most people missed it (including myself lol.) I don’t remember it being available at any of my nearby 7-11s. The box art is straight up beautiful. Definitely an underrated piece.

4 Likes

Hi,

Does anyone know how limited this card is, and whether it is considered a trophy card?

The psa pop for this seems rather low, and don’t really see it pop up often in the market.

How does this card compare to munch/mario pikachu promos?

3 Likes

Its definitely rarer than mario pikachu and scream pikachu!

3 Likes

There’s also a mew variant of this card. I love both of them since it has an “arita” autopen

2 Likes

Its tragic but this card is definitely overlooked.

2 Likes

Yea the pika and mew kinda feels underrated. Guess not much people knows about it?

2 Likes

Mario Pikachu & Rocket 20th had the most attention. The Mew & Pika weren’t as popular. Its cool how they have the signature on the card. You don’t see that often.

2 Likes

[1 yen start] Pokemon card Pokeka old back new back mass rare e card pokemon card retirement item summary promo - Japan Shopping & Proxy Service (zenmarket.jp)

This auction is impressive. Looks like it has a mint unlimited e series gengar. I’ve heard that is a chase card.

3 Likes

I feel like Japanese eSeries has had a healthy pace of growth the past couple years, and hasn’t really retraced the way other Japanese sets have. It’s definitely getting harder to find truly mint e2-e5 holos for under PSA 9 prices.

5 Likes

They were only sold in preorders so you won’t be able to walk into a 7-eleven and expect them laying on shelves.

At the time there were a lot of speculations around this kind of “ultra-modern but preorders are closed so you just have to buy from those who preordered” stuff like this and the 001/S-P full art Pikachu. They’re not like limited in numbers, but missing the preorder dates seems to give speculators enough excuse to hype them up.

2 Likes

What were the steps for getting the box? What I meant was I had no recollection of the 7-11s near me participating in the pre-order scheme at the time, but maybe they were?

Also, Koko was a pretty low key release in Japan. It didn’t do amazingly even though Kimetsu no Yaiba was slaying it at the box office at that time. Overall just a low key release I think, but we did get this super duper OP card lol

5 Likes

It’s only on their online shopping platform:

It’s easy to miss if you’re only relying on in-store advertisements, you have to track Japanese TCG-related news regularly like announcements from TPC or let your experience tell you it’s gonna happen (i.e. “they released one with the Charizard Clone promo last year so they’re gonna do this again”).

1 Like

Troll and Toad evo question. I thought they limited listing non English cards to only $40 or more. But I see tons of cheap Japanese cards that were released after that announcement came out last year. What is the deal?

2 Likes

Magi has posted the Snap Pikachu up for sale

6 Likes

With exchange rate that is 438k USD. Would that be the highest raw card sale ever?

1 Like

Steve aoki bought his illustrator raw around that price point. I doubt this snap pika sells anywhere near their asking price.

4 Likes

Thanks, didn’t know about that illustrator price.
I figured someone with more money than brains would buy the snap pika at a high price.

1 Like

For deep pockets with a middleman on the ground floor in Japan, $440k is nothing

1 Like

Anyone have experience purchasing from Endellgames2? I am looking for some cards worth 1000 yen, and it doesn’t list condition, which according to their user guide means NM or EX. Any first hand experience with their condition?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d say their condition is pretty accurate when stated. But I’ve never bought anything without a condition rating.

1 Like