The Giant English Market Thread

Looks like it just jumped to $168 :wink:

I think on a card like that, in a 9, you’re going to get a lot closer to comps than my poor Pichu.

btw, your eBay link in your username is missing a 7!

1 Like

In contrast, though, your Ho-Oh is sitting at $480, which is just about what I won mine for not too long ago! I think if you’re going to auction off anything rn, you made good choices. All of those are top-tier cards. Will be bidding on a few of them :slight_smile:
Sorry to see you parting with them, though :frowning:

1 Like

Glad to hear that! I’ve been trying to find good homes for everything. And ya I’m not going anywhere really just moving some stuff around and will go back after just my favorites once I get all my funds together where I want them. Also purposing to my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years. Got a nice new bed and getting a new place etc.

2 Likes

They were like $20k+ USD several months ago, think they will fall further or is this the bottom? I am looking to pick one up for myself in the future.

2 Likes

I personally think the bottom is closer than it is far away, but I’m sure a couple more could go for less before a concrete floor is found.

It’s definitely on the downtrend. Hard to know if it has reached a bottom. Here’s a graph of the most recent sales since early August 2022.

3 Likes

Love how an aberrant sale can be off by just a measly $10,000

2 Likes

That ~$30,000 sale was converted from euros and sold out of Germany. Incredibly expensive, but maybe it was due to the scarce supply of mint English 1st ed Base in Europe.

1 Like

I think m=0 is within your margin of error :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like the sale fell through and was relisted and went for ~$24k

1 Like

Too few sales to know for sure. Time will tell. :upside_down_face:

I like that graph

1 Like

Thank you, I like it too :slight_smile:

Crown Zenith ETBs on Pokémon Center are still up for preorder. I am thinking Crown Zenith might be one of the most heavily printed sets in the SWSH era

2 Likes

How long were they up for?

I am guessing it’s been a month now

1 Like

Ordered a few on 11/15/22 so almost two months

1 Like

Nothing new, but I still can’t fathom how people will place bids on a 5-7 day auction before a card is released, and then several copies pop up buy it now for cheaper before the auction ends. What is the value in placing a bid so early?

2 Likes

FoMo, and lack of sleep. Maybe a beer or two. :smirk:

4 Likes

I didn’t realize until recently how cheap you get NM/LP binder quality holos from the WOTC era right now. For anyone with some extra cash who wants to finish off some binder sets, now is a friggen amazing time. It feels like I’m back in 2019 shopping through Instagram claim sales :smile:

4 Likes