The future of Logan Paul / Liquid MarketPlace

Looks like the pyramid/NFT scam is close to death…

3 Likes

Mild Shock GIFs | Tenor

15 Likes

Well according to the vid people want to withdraw their money and get it back but they can’t.

This was a lose lose from the start!

2 Likes

Wow, they should have a name for this kind of scheme. If only!

3 Likes

I thought this was the future of lightly played moderately played cards

Probably a more interesting topic

Edit title changed nice

13 Likes

Same, I was updating it as you were typing haha

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, considering played cards sell so slow now compared to 1-2 years ago

3 Likes

Snap guys. I see the titles changed now lol.

What’s the tldr?

1 Like

Logan removed his LMP link from Instagram.
Site no longer reads “Own with Logan Paul”
3 directors have left/been removed from the staff.
Multiple social/design positions appear to be unfilled.
People not being able to withdraw funds.
People complaining on discord.

5 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I remember talking with the owner on the phone, he was laid back. They wanted me on board to help legitimize, but I could never get past the negative gut feeling on nfts. I don’t know if I could be paid enough money to make nfts not feel like a scheme.

With that said, I wonder how much is due to the failure of nfts vs liquids business model. A year ago so many overly confident people were emphatic how nfts were revolutionary and here to stay. Yet the the trade volume has dropped 97%.

5 Likes

Best comment on YouTube → “We all got duped. Agreed?”

8 Likes

Not sure how anyone not a techbro could think NFTs would work. Even then, did techbros really think it would or were they just trying to hype it to make a quick buck?

1 Like

There is a significant contingency of tech entrepreneurs whose impetus for invention is not “what problem can I solve?” and is instead “what problem can I create, then sell?”

And they don’t understand how fundamentally lacking in rationality and humanity these inventions are, and the same is true for their solutions as they attempt to bolster their failed inventions. They grow more and more frustrated and more and more removed from reality as they try to force their square peg ideas into the round reality hole.

The only thing that keeps them going is venture capital and the fact they believe very truly that they are “on to something” and they just have to work harder and harder to convince swaths of uninterested consumers. The harder it’s failing, the harder they try. It is transparent and embarrassing to everybody but them.

10 Likes

Holy crap… that’s a hell of a way of framing it

3 Likes

I feel awful for those who will be hurting financially from this fiasco. :confused:

1 Like

This.

I’ve stopped seeing girls who’ve I had a great relationships with since they’ve been given a role/task similar to this. They never have any idea what they’re saying. Call me an incel all you want, but it becomes unattractive in a way.

Couldn’t have said it better; ‘they don’t understand how fundamentally lacking in rationality and humanity these inventions are’

Not having used the platform but reading the about page, there’s no mention of NFTs in the tokenization process so I’m assuming ownership is represented by fungible tokens which are known lovingly in the crypto world as “shit coins”. I would say the failure comes from people buying these shit coins at crazy inflated evaluations combined with the market turning. In fact it says on their website any crypto users deposit just gets turned into good ol fashion USD https://support.liquidmarketplace.io/hc/en-us/articles/4424595672212-Liquid-MarketPlace-Wallet

2 Likes

Ah yeah I see it as all the same. I do think there is a value to functional nft’s/coins. Fractional shares have worked and make sense for the top items. I just don’t know the details to liquid, and at this point am exhausted trying to figure out what is not a scheme.

1 Like

This was close to being an actual application for tokens. Instead it seems like it’s headed off to be another footnote on https://web3isgoinggreat.com/

4 Likes