Logan Paul buys Pikachu Illustrator PSA 10 for $5m Video

It’s all about his shared ownership company! That’s one way to get get all your money back and still own “49%” of your cards with full ownership rights.

I wonder how many kids will buy a “share”. I cannot see many people falling for this.

8 Likes

loved the animations! glad to see nishida getting recognition, and the RSE reference at 3:15.

3 Likes

Pokémon is nothing but scams and grifts now. I’m switching to MetaZoo.

16 Likes

First off, i’m not a fan of Disney, let alone Disney actors. Logan stating that this card is expensive, is a joke, his networth is upwards of $45 million. As of posting this video which has 850k views, the hobby small exposure if anything is going to blow up but what do i know, he’s a known fraudstar and continues to get away with pretty much anything, wealth just adds to his immunity. I’ll just leave you with his brother;

:joy:

I’m interested to know whether that seller being all secretive was an act.

Then again with the Guinness book of world records, I’m not sure how they can include a product (i.e. PSA 9) totalled with the cash = $5 million. It should just be the cash surely?

It just seems like publicity for his future shady money making projects now cypto is a dead duck.

1 Like

Cool video, would have loved to see what else was in that box!

2 Likes

A lovely video and pleasant surprise until the last minute completely ruined it

17 Likes

Basically an 8-minute plug for a 1-minute ad. Needless to say I strongly dislike this new way of monetizing a Pokemon card, but I’m also wondering if this concept of percentage ownership has any legal standing and how it is supposed to work in reality. Logan owning “only” 49% percent of the card might seem like a well-intentioned move, but as always it’s calculated. He will most definitely have the absolute majority in every decision because if every owner has a vote that’s weighed by their percentage of ownership, Logan only needs an additional 2% from someone else to get his way. It would be very easy for one of his buddies to buy these 2%. So in the end, the card is still his in every conceivable way except on paper. I feel bad for the people who will buy into this company and spend money on basically nothing.

6 Likes

Hey guys, just got back from a meeting with my financial advisor. To beat the upcoming recession he said I should invest in a yellow mouse holding a paintbrush of which I now own 51%.

What did I miss?

13 Likes

Oh, boy…

I think it was a very enjoiable video and the way his videos are made is over the top !

Quuador sweating intensifies

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that in order to “sell” shares, upwards of 80% of shareholders would need to agree…which is literally impossible since LP owns 49% of the card alone. Selling and “making money/making your money back” would come down to his vote and his vote alone, even if the other 51% all unanimously voted to sell. Sure he could also vote to sell, but why would he willingly vote to give money back to people?

Again, not sure if the 80%~ number is true. Someone would have to fact check me on that.

2 Likes

In crypto, there is a saying - Not your key, not your coin.

Pretty relevant here - if it is not in your collection, then it is not your card.

Feel bad for all the people falling for this scam. Digital good is a nice concept but we are not there yet (look at how badly NFTs have performed this year). Maybe in the future.

6 Likes

I get that but if I had to choose between a nft vs being a partial owner, I’d do the latter. Especially the most valuable pokemon card. Neither are something I would prefer, but being a partial owner of an actual historic and important item is more appealing in that scenario.

4 Likes

Pretty cool to finally see the 10 but I’m not sure where I stand on the whole “liquid marketplace” thing announced at the end of the video. I’ve never been one to invest in NFT’s or anything as I always saw them as shady but I could see how some people would want to chip in on such a monumental thing such as this. To each their own!

1 Like

Rollercoaster watching it.

I enjoyed it, I thought this was something much more genuine then, “hype this, screaming that” and well done overall. Was very surprised.

Then the marketplace plug came up which I’ve seen a few others around over the last few years to split ownership of cards. Making money is fine, I don’t care about that, but it went from, “I want this card so bad, I can’t believe I have it” to “I will only own 49% and everyone else can own the rest with liquid! own part of it today!”.

For a limited time I am offering members of E4 a chance to own a part of my house if you give me money. You can’t come over, or do anything with it, or even SEE it aside from pictures, but you own a part of it!

7 Likes

So if 51% of the card’s equity is sold off to a bunch of people, if I want to sell my share, who decides what the current value is and if it’s ok to sell? Couldn’t there be a recession and Logan says it’s now worth $1M, and he buys back as many shares as he can at the lower price? Seems like a big scam.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I think this is one of the questions that commonly pop up when this fractional share thing comes up. The way it should work is that you can sell your share whenever you want and at any price you want. The catch is that you need a buyer at that price in order to sell it. Maybe the most interesting thing about the fractionalization is that you get these small insights into what the market values this card at by just multiplying the price per share times the total shares (albeit it is probably a better insight into what people think the future value of the share is more than anything but in an ideal case, this should be a reflection of the market value of the underlying asset).

As a side note, despite my general web3.0 skepticism, I actually think this is a good application for crypto tokenization - assuming this whole fractionalization is something people will continue to want and not just a fad.

Anyway, I say all this without even watching the video but I’m mostly making commentary on this trend as a whole. The “majority ownership” by the community is the huge joke though because (as mentioned by others) you need nearly 100% of the community to a) vote, b) vote the same way, and c) vote in the opposite direction from Logan Paul in order for him to basically not have exclusive say in whatever is being voted on.

2 Likes