New way to buy and sell pokemon cards

Not sure if its been mentioned here before because it is fairly new. you can buy and sell pokemon cards(other collectibles as well) using a company called courtyard. link to their site below

https://courtyard.io/

I really think this could become a great way to store and buy/sell pokemon. how does it work?
You send your graded pokemon cards to the company. It is stored into a brinks level security vault. They then give you an nft of your card. this nft digitally displays your actual card, and it also is the proof of ownership. you can now sell your card as a nft. you pay substantially less fees than if you use ebay. if you decide not to sell, then it just sits in the vault. the owner of the nft can have it shipped to themselves at anytime. There is some more detail to it, but that is the general idea.

I think this could prove to be the superior way for the collections to trade moving forward. it would make buying and selling more affordable and add many other benefits.

would love to hear what you guys think about it!

eBay’s fine cheers

13 Likes

Isn’t this similar to the several vault services already out there?

2 Likes

lol no

2 Likes

I have to ask… are you affiliated with this company?

38 Likes

make an nft of your card

i can’t take it anymore man

24 Likes

Haha yeah, like what does it even add?
I can see my card on my PWCC account too, don’t need an nft for it.
Just trust in the company you send your cards to :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I assume you’re affiliated with them… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Entrust your physical object to a service that replaces it with a digital object, then just trade the digital object indefinitely. I feel like you’d have to be a real sucker to do this, and the opportunity for corruption is so apparent that I wouldn’t trust it. You could be buying and selling and trading the digital representation of a card then we discover the physical goods were stolen or leveraged years ago. It is an arrangement only a charlatan would propose and a fool would indulge.

21 Likes

I’ve had so many of these type of companies pitched to me over the last couple years it’s nauseating. The only one that stood out layered itself on pwcc. Basically it was the one of the few models for productive nft’s I’ve ever seen make any sense. Yet I never organically heard about them after that phone call.

Ultimately these are just inferior copies of platforms (PWCC & Ebay) that already exist. Even eBay, the largest platform, is copying pwcc’s model.

10 Likes

Man the pfp really threw me off for a second there @Viral.

Cheers!

14 Likes

Hahahah same. I didn’t even realize it was not @Viral until I saw your post :joy:

2 Likes

You’d be crazy to vault your cards to a no name company, whoever made this organization wouldve been better off putting all that start up money into the S&P or pokemon lol

6 Likes

My god this is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen.

13 Likes

Awesome, just waiting for that crypto bull run in 6-12 months then I’ll check it out

2 Likes

I am way too old for any of this stuff :smiley: the second I read „NFT“ I thought nah I‘m out ^^

4 Likes

I wish I could be delusional too

1 Like

can you name the similar vault service you are thinking of?

PWCC and eBay for starters

Before commenting further, can you disclose any involvement with the company? That is necessary so that this doesn’t turn into an astroturfing thread.

3 Likes