The collection of Taigataipan 21/04/2024 Towards JR set II

Saw that one sell on ebay. Nice pickup! Wallet must feel a bit lighter now though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

that latias is amazing I love mine unfortunately mine is unlimited thoe

1 Like

Been a long time since last update. Got something new once again for my collection: missing piece of legendary dog trio, PSA 10 1st ed. Raikou.

But stay tuned, because I have few cards coming in from psa soon + something very nice. :wink:

4 Likes

So jelly!! really nice collection thus far. Wish I had those booster boxes >.< and awesome gold stars / crystals.

1 Like

I really need to stop using words ā€œcoming soonā€ in this thread, everything seems to fail after that. :grin:

So the submission is still at psa, over 50 days and no end in sight. Only thing I can do is hope for the best and wait for the worst.

But about the very nice thing I mentioned in earlier messageā€¦ I got this beauty some weeks ago, definitely the most valuable card Iā€™ll have in this collection for a very long time: PSA 10 PLAY promo Espeon. :wink:

5 Likes

Woah, what an addition! Congrats!

1 Like

@funmonkey54 It sure is, now this Eeveelution family is only missing Umbreon but Iā€™m prepared to wait very long time finding a good deal for it. :blush:

Patience was definitely a virtue with this submission, just 3 cards to show you so letā€™s get down to business.

Only card which predicted grade was right. Very glad I found this english gold star Pikachu by accident before send-off, most likely will end up for sale. :blush:

Yay, another psa 10 Raikou. Only flaws it had was some silvering + 2 white spots on the backside, luckily not enough to push grade down to psa 9.

Last card is my favourite gold star, japanese 1st ed. Mew. I still have no idea what happened with this. Card looks fine in pictures before shipping to middleman but right after Barney/LudkinsCollectables received package he messaged me " you did notice Mew has little dimple in it" and sent me picture of that specific spot.

I was really disappointed for a brief second but the card was still sent to psa, even though he warned it might get grade 5-6 in worst case scenario. Ever since Iā€™ve been looking for another copy, mostly from yahoo with help of @bagoly14
but we never found a deal that was good enough. So you can only imagine how happy I was when the results came inā€¦

Mint 9, wow! :stuck_out_tongue: Now when I finally have chance to view Mew in person the dimple doesnā€™t look so bad as in picture, otherwise card is in very beautiful condition ( excluding trademark horrible centering ). Gotta love this glowing devil. :blush:

2 Likes

Pardon the lack of updates recently, after I got my psa 10 PLAY Espeon ( and 2nd psa return back ) I just couldnā€™t figure out what should I get next so I simply didnā€™t buy anything. But here we go again, couple upgrades for gold star collection. :blush:

PSA 10 1st ed. Gyarados, finally. Been too lazy to find this after my own copy got only a 9.

PSA 10 PLAY Vaporeon,Jolteon and Flareon. These are some great cards, very happy to own them finally. :stuck_out_tongue:

After these additions I have 22 out of 27 japanese gold stars ( with best possible editions ) as psa 10, which is pretty awesome.

Iā€™d like to get 1st ed. Latios and Rayquaza as psa 9 or better at some point, but no rush with those. Probably going to focus on sealed wotc booster boxes after this. :blush:

3 Likes

Nice additions there! Iā€™m about to send in a vaporeon and flareon myself, but the flareon has a slight printing defect in the form of a small dot, and I donā€™t know how much PSA will mark it down for that :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I feel your pain, was really nerve-racking to wait results for my japanese gold star Mew with small surface dimple. Still feels like hitting a jackpot when it received psa 9. :blush:

1 Like

Mailman just brought this.

Just an unlimited version, great box anyways. What I find funny about this deal I was expecting for ~$200 worth of customs charges since the package was coming from usa. Well for some odd reason it went through customs like this = no taxes to pay, I think I can live with it. :blush:

2 Likes

Great catch! And to not receive custom charges is always a relief!

1 Like

you sir have an such an awesome collection of graded Japanese gold star cards! Digging the PLAY promos especially!

1 Like

@thitaniumprince True, Finland can be really harsh place for collector since we have to pay 24% taxes from every purchase over 22 euros ( inc. shipping ) thatā€™s coming outside eu. :dizzy_face:

@uhwarrior70 Thanks, they have been a real blast to collect! Espeon will definitely remain as a favourite besides 1st ed. Latias + Mew. :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™m still looking for a raw 1st Ed Mew. My sealed Espeon is also my favorite, its so mesmerizing to look at.

1 Like

1st ed. Gym boxes, lovely stuff. Had to get these to replace unlimited boxes I opened long time ago, part of me still regrets doing it.

Iā€™m also expecting to receive 4x pre-order Phantom Forces boxes tomorrow ( or Thursday if any delays occur ). Should be fun, tbh. first english XY boosters Iā€™ve ever opened. :blush:

2 Likes

Nice. I ordered 3 cases and will get them thursday. Iā€™ll be spending the weekend uploading them the cards that arenā€™t being graded on ebay.

I got a possible gem mint on the Gengar FA I pulled from a pre release box.

1 Like

Just got the Phantom Forces boxes, have to say 3 first boosters couldā€™ve not been really better. :grin:

• Gengar-EX
  • Mega Manectric-EX UR
  • Manectric-EX FA

Iā€™ll post overall results on general discussion once this slaughter is over.

1 Like

Right, couple new things to show you.

3x different 1st ed. base set booster packs ( same ones which price range I was asking on other topic ). Really happy to add these to sealed item collection.

1st ed. Venusaur blister. The cardboard has truly seen better days, seller was nice enough to give some discount because of that. At least the booster pack is still tightly sealed in. :blush:

I had zero clue originally that seller had also 1st ed. Blastoise blister, after some bargaining he was willing to sell it also. Really fine condition imo.

3 Likes

This will be most likely the last update for this year. 2 new wotc boxes to add in my collection, both came from endless pokemon tcg vault of @thecharizardauthorty :stuck_out_tongue:

Base set 2 booster box, condition for this is really amazing.

1st ed. Neo Discovery box, artwork-wise my favourite from Neo era. :blush:

Still missing Legendary Collection+Neo Destiny boxes, I hope I can find awesome deal for those two next year. Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone in advance! :wink:

3 Likes