The Best of XY Booster Boxes

Can I just say that I got so much satisfaction watching unlistedleaf not pull a FA from his box.

Serves the clown right for all the BS he spreads.

4 Likes

Dang that’s hateful lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have to agree that I don’t like him very much and its great that happened to him. At first I thought the hype guy was entertaining, but then realized how little effort goes into his content, how much misinformation he spreads, and he talks about how expensive products are, like its a treat to watch him open it, while he makes a ton of money of ad revenue, and could easily profit from opening a box per day.

Anyway I personally don’t know how the Japanese print runs work, but would be interested to know if anyone has info on it. Because the box prices are going up a lot right now, yesterday I made the decision to buy 5 boxes and it was about $57.56 a piece, but now even if you purchase a lot with 2-3 the lowest price seems to be about $67.5. If they continue to print, price could certainly go down, I think it happened with CP6

1 Like

I was just joking around, I kinda got a kick out of it too. Personally I’m intrigued about the potential to use hype channels to your advantage. Say you were to buy up all of an obscure card that is undervalued and then send him one. If he pumps it up you might just turn a big profit. Idk just an interesting thought.

I was thinking the same thing, I’m pretty sure someone already did that, but considering his lack of knowledge, you could probably send him some random old japanese card and say its super rare lol

1 Like

He is entertaining, that’s what he is.he gets excited and hype Pokemon in general, which is great.I understand the issues that can arise with the prices shooting up due to his videos. I guess people take him as more literal than entertainment and when he says this is the rarest best card ever, its going to be worth a fortune! then take it with a handful of salt :wink: For example the Vileplume mirror foil card, he said its worth a fair bit.A quick search on ebay proves its a few quid ha!.Unfortunately others actually take his “advice” rather than watching him for the fun and to see new Pokemon products. They should be watching Smpratte for information and useful knowledge along with other content posters with actual accreditation within the hobby.

Excuse the rant, I wont re-read and change :wink: so enjoy aha!

Your audience here is experienced collectors, so we all know what you mean.

It’s people who don’t have the experience that stem to be hurt by his “advice” (and that term should be used very loosely).

1 Like

would opening 1 and keeping 1 sealed bee a good idea? or keep both sealed/open.

Im thinking the open and save 1 ha that was the original plan

All up to you my friend, If I have the urge to open sealed product I usually buy 2 and open 1 and keep the other sealed. I now have a complete 1st edition XY booster box set by doing this.

1 Like

very nice :wink: is that a legendary shine booster aswell? I got one of those for £30 a year or so back

Yes every set from XY is in there, including the subsets (CP)

1 Like