the A E S T H E T I C collection

Can never say no to a 'Zard!

1 Like

That’s my problem :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Considering you both have Charizard related icons, I’m not surprised. :laughing:

2 Likes

Mind disclosing this attractive price? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say that is a fair price xD I paid 120 for my psa 9

Yes, fair price, awesome card.

Vending series is the best! I have the unpeeled sheets

Due to my lack of knowledge on anything past the WORC things, that’s my first time to see that Tyranitar card. He’s one of my favourites. Looking for one now!

1 Like

this card is much more impressive in person. I don’t know why but the ex Holo pattern is so different on this card and the celebi from unseen forces. It’s like the Japanese shining mew. You have to see it in person to appreciate the difference from the other ones.

A birthday present for the friend that gave me the Legendary Collection Zard.

Now, he thinks this Tyranitar is the best looking and at the end of the day it’s amazing to see all these different tastes come out in this hobby. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what we find appealing is shaped throughout our lives by every experience, every person we meet, the hardships we face and the obstacles we overcome.

That being said, he’s wrong and I’m right.

3 Likes

Ah, I meant Base, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket. That era of the originals. My lack of knowledge showing there. Yeah just been scoping out eBay…there’s a Japanese 10 I was eyeing up but need to keep my money for PSA grading. See how my funds are after that. Nice one on getting yourself a deal!

edit: just saw your latest post. Now I don’t know which Tyranitar to get. Will investigate.

Gyarados fires his lazor!!! - YouTube

Arita forgoes the strange proportions reminiscent of early WotC in his modern work. I wish there was more full arts like this. I’m really keen on the Alakazam but the Metwos, Gardevoir and Volcanion illustrated in a similar vein feel slightly generic.

2 Likes

I had a few ideas what would have made XY12 a waaaaaaay better set.

1. Imagine that Evolutions had 2 key changes, the first being the squirtle and bulbasaur lines were reprinted in the sets.
  2. They didn’t just reprint base set and instead reprinted all the first prints of the original 151 Pokemon.
  3. The Charizard/Blastoise/Venasaur Ex cards didn’t just reprint the earlier releases but instead featured some OG Ken Sugimori art with the retro WotC card layout, specifically the artwork on the Japanese Red, Blue and Green boxes, ergo the art on this Zard.

That’s what disappoints me about the set so much. I have a love-hate relationship with the Gym Heroes/Challenge sets. I love Sugimori’s artwork but I hate how busy the cards look and sometimes the artwork has just been oddly obstructed like we have here:

Still a great looking card but it’s a birthday present for another friend.

2 Likes

Really nice cards. And I have to say: You sir, have good friends!
Also even though I’m very nostalgic about the older cards and their layout, I must agree that the expedition Tyranitar gets 10/10.

IT’S SO BLUE

I’ve had my eye on this for ages. The reflection is perfection.

This has to be the best looking ex card.

3 Likes

It looks so nice I bought it twice.

5 Likes

I popped my gem mint cherry today.

This beautiful Magby is gorgeous. I am blessed by my boi Arita.

But…

It’s not a true gem-mint card :sob:

PSA were generous when they graded this.

2 Likes

Just need that Entei.

3 Likes

Got a rare card coming, it feels like this:

Then you get his with this:

The card is in my country but…

THE TRACKING ISN’T UPDATING

HOLY BALLS

3 Likes

I worked out that the Global Shipping Program just hands it to FedEx when it comes to Australia.

Crisis averted.

1 Like