SV4 thread (TPCI: Paradox Rift Nov 3 / TPC: Raging Surf Sept 22 + Ancient Roar & Future Flash Oct 27)

The new mechanic begins with SV4 and introduces Paradox Pokemon properly with Future and Ancient versions

Just like with SV3 (Obsidian Flames/Ruler of the Black Flame), SV4 releases basically at the same time in Japan and in the west. However the set will be broken down into two releases in Japan, starting with sv3a Raging Surf which releases September 22nd. TPC just revealed the Raging Surf booster pack art. I will update this thread when more products are revealed (which I’m anticipating will happen during Worlds this week)

September 22nd - sv3a Raging Surf

October 27th - sv4K Ancient Roar sv4M Future Flash

November 3rd (prerelease beginning October 20th) SV4 Paradox Rift

7 Likes

A few thoughts about Raging Surf…

-This is yet another -a set near the end of the year to feature jirachi. s3a had the amazing rare, there was no s7a, s11a had the radiant, and now sv3a has some prominent jirachi of some sort.

-it will feature a tera water Garchomp.

-Groudon finally getting a big feature. Maybe this is payback for there not being an amazing rare Groudon, or maybe Kyogre will be in the sv4 double set

-excited to see what they do with Gholdengo (pokemon no. 1000)

3 Likes

Did they really put a Groudon on the cover for raging surf :flushed:

12 Likes

It’s likely meant only for Water-tera Garchomp, like Ruler of the Black Flame is meant for only Charizard. They could’ve probably gone for tera Kyogre as the mascot otherwise, with Groudon still on the side. These days the set theme is centred around 1 Pokémon

Groudon doesn’t stand a chance in the pack battles against Garchomp. I’m guessing there will be water type for Garchomp, lightening types for Koko, fighting (ground) type for Groudon. All three of those hit each other and are weak to each other. I imagine the metal types will be splashable maybe with colorless attacks or strong abilities

1 Like

I think it might also be a play on typing as a whole thanks to tera

In Ruler of the Black Flame, tera Charizard ex is Dark type while tera Eiscue is Fire-type, Charizard’s original type. It’s possible that can happen here as well with tera Garchomp being Water type and regular Groudon ex being Fighting (Ground), one of Garchomp’s original types

None of them have hats on though?

Before the last set, there was only 1 tera per set, so maybe we’re back to that except the tera is now of a different type.

on Garchomp’s head behind the Pokémon logo. It is the only one whose body is crystalline

Finally, a new ultra-rare Groudon card!! The last ultra-rare Groudon in Japanese was released in January 2015, eight years ago!

6 Likes

Jirachi pack art sure gets me excited. I sure hope the English counterpart has Jirachi as one of the pack arts.
I have a new love for Gholdengo too, so honestly this is already shaping up to be my favourite SV set so far.

1 Like

The box/pack art feels so “different”. It feels like its not a modern day set, rather something from a few gens ago. I like it tho

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Just tera water Garchomp.

Paradox Rift ETB seems to have accidently leaked. guessing this will be officially revealed in the closing ceremony.

4 Likes

3 Likes

TMs are back in the TCG (originally debuted in Vs.)

1 Like

Yeah, I’m done pretending Tera ex are ugly

These, Vespiquen, Charizard, and Tyranitar are all cool to me. I’m excited to see more in future sets!

4 Likes

yeah some of the regular versions look pretty nice

mantyke!

5 Likes

these will also likely bein in paradox rift, although they could put them in their own decks in the west as well

3 Likes

at this point, i’m confident that the closing ceremony announcement tomorrow will be some of the paradox mons from sv4

1 Like