Sun & Moon era booster box pack placements

I’m thinking about picking up some loose packs from various sets in the Sun & Moon era.

However, I have a distinct memory of opening a Sun & Moon (Base) booster box when they were first released, and there was a very specific ordering to the packs. I think it was exactly every third pack that was premium. It was as though TPCI made no attempt to randomize the ordering of the packs before putting them in boxes.

Does anyone know how widespread this issue was in the Sun & Moon era? Is it still the case today with Sword & Shield sets? I haven’t opened any booster boxes since Sun & Moon Base, so I have no idea if this problem persisted into later sets.

I’m trying to decide whether it’s safer to just buy booster boxes of these sets, rather than loose packs, since sellers could conceivably map the boxes and only sell light packs.

I dont know when they were not mapable anymore, but it stopped somewhere in the sun and moon era (dont remember when). But the packs are still weighable or able to be checked for curveature, so if you buy loose packs just think of it as being light packs. Even with modern.

You can’t weigh SM outside of dollar tree packs

Does the green/white code nullify the weight difference then? Never knew that. Good that they did something against weighing packs then, but I would guess that there is a way to see what is in the pack without opening it first. Heavy light, some sort of foil detector? Sorry for saying it wrong before.

There’s not

1 Like