Are Shining Legends searchable?

So, much to my surprise my friend who opened two boxes of Shining Legends stated the packs are searchable. The give away is that of a thicker wrapper and that it is “harder” to open. I posted this on this sub-section because this infomation could be both beneficial and detrimental depending on the individual i.e. With the S&M booster boxes. I also wanted to see if this information is accurate and if so whether or not this was on purpose or not I am Nintendo’s part.

No.

2 boxes of “tough” packs != a mappable box.

True but they could always sell the loose packs

Again, a couple tougher packs doesn’t mean the whole set is searchable~

Sun/Moon had an algorithm for their boxes that was cracked.
This tougher to open thing, while it may seem like a true case, won’t hold its weight.

It’s fairly safe to say that if Shining Legends packs were searchable/boxes mappable, you wouldn’t even be asking the question right now…everyone would already know. There have been tens of thousands of ETB openings by now + during the early release period with people buying so much product who look EXACTLY for this type of thing that we’d already know if this was a problem.

I can attest to the ‘loose vs. slightly thicker/tighter’ packaging on some of these SL packs since I noticed them myself (and as a third point, packs that come out of the pin boxes are about 10x easier to pull apart/open and are all much more loose in this early print run) but it didn’t yield any sketchy or quantifiable results.

Open about 10K of each pack ‘type’ and you might have an actual, empirical result, but otherwise…your friend is just flat out wrong.

1 Like

Unfortunately tough packs don’t seem to be linked to good pulls. Bought a Premium Collection box last night and all the packs were tough to open. The pulls were pretty bad though, much worse than my 2 ETBs with easy to open packs.