Storing PSA cards in binders?

I’ve recently been looking make binder sets of PSA cards of probably only the holo cards for several older sets.Is there anyone who has experience with this and if so what pages should I use?
PSA holders are roughly 80mm x 135mm, aka 3 1/8" by 5 5/16".I found that Ultra Pro 4-pocket pages are readily available in The Netherlands in about any shop, except they measure 3 1/2" by 5", so common sense would dictate that they don’t fit in?
Now I do see that BCW is offering some 3 1/2" by 5 1/4" pages, those might fit?
Anyway, would love to hear some feedback on this.

@garyis2000 , those have been discontinued for a while now and aftermarket prices for them are insane ($70/per page in your example!). Seems like there are some people who have been selling custom binder pages to hold PSA slabs, but the prices of these are $20+/per page (holds 4) which is still ridiculous IMO.

70.00 for one? One page???

I have quite a few new ones in wrappers.

Edit: I got the picture off google but now I found the listing. Dang, that’s crazy. He’s actually sold some for 70.00.

1 Like

people use postcard binder pages dont they?

2 Likes

I actually sold a bunch to a friend here on e4 years ago. Maybe it was cbd?

Here’s a few I have here at the house and how they’re packaged.

@garyis2000, Might want to keep those as investment pieces with the way the prices have been going. :wink:

@burpies,

I was surprised they quit making them. In the mid 90s everybody used and loved them. I saw the 69.99 in the picture but assumed that was for the case…not one lol.

Those PSA binder pages look neat! A shame they’re way too expensive however.

What are some good alternatives to them?

Never seen those before, but 70 USD a page (excluding shipping, so most likely closing 100 USD for me, haha) is ridiculous. In that case I’d prefer to have my PSA cards just lying around in boxes. I could buy new PSA graded cards for the price of those pages…

@skiwi I personally use a regular A4 binder with loose 4-slot pages. There was also a recent thread here: www.elitefourum.com/t/how-do-you-store-your-graded-cards/24805/1 which might perhaps give you some ideas.

Greetz,
Quuador

Hey @KingPokemon, do you recall what the MSRP used to be on these pages? I’d like to see how skewed that $70 price is.

I know this sounds crazy but I was just at my local card store looking to grab a few top loaders and I noticed there was a box under everything covered in dust.

I checked and found this!

There were only 5 left but I scooped them all up.

Problem is they are made specifically for Becket graded cards and I only have one Beckett card lol

I do not want this to sound like a sales post but if anyone is interested in them shoot me a message. I currently don’t have much use for them unless I stuff my psa cards into them lol.

1 Like

I saw someone post it and now I forgot it to give them credit. They put their PSA graded cards is Postcard Ultra Pro sleeve pages.

Like @teamrocketop said, someone a while ago posted a picture of their psa cards in post card pocket pages. I also cannot remember who it was as it was like a year ago I saw the post and asked them about it. So whoever you are if you see this, please take the credit. But here is some of my PSA cards in the 4 pocket post card pages:

For them to stay in the pockets of the pages you have to have the card in a PSA slab sleeve. You put the card in the sleeve, push that into the pocket, and then fold the adhesive flap over the top of the pocket and adhere it to the face of the pocket. You could do it on the back of the two top pocket but the two bottom you cant obviously, but you can hardly see the overlap or the adhesive strip.

Heres the brand and the title. I believe I bought them on either Amazon or ebay pretty inexpensively.

Once again all credit goes to the other person I got the idea from, I wish I could remember… thank you for such a good way to binder these!

5 Likes

Oh, that’s a pretty good idea. I actually already bought Ultra Pro sleeves for graded slabs a couple of weeks ago (and still have to use them), because I got a few graded cards without sleeves right now. I also thought about upgrading my PSA binder to a 3-ring binder with these 4-slot pages, since my current binder is very provisional…

When I bought the 4-slots a few years back, I realized they were only available for 3-ring binders, and I only had (loads of) 4-ring binders at the time and was too lazy to buy a 3-ring. So I used regular A4 (1-slot) pages and put the 4-slots upside down in it with some paperclips, haha. It works, but it’s not really how I want it. Here’s what my binder current looks like:

So I might order some new 4-slot pages and a 3-ring binder and use the approach you’ve mentioned. Only disadvantage is when you want to take the card out (for individual pictures) or want to rearrange their order I guess. But it does solve the issue of graded cards getting out of the 4-slot which I was afraid might happen.

EDIT: Now I know again why I didn’t bought a 3-ring binder back then and used this method above… :sweat: In The Netherlands they only sell 2-, 4-, or 23-ring binders. And the cheapest 3-ring binders on eBay/Amazon are including shipping/import fees at least 30 USD, and if I read the reviews they are all pretty crappy with gaps opening between the rings very easily… Does anyone know 4-slot pages with 4-slot holes, or proper 3-ring D (preferably white) binders of at least 4 inch with sturdy rings?
Why the hell are the Ultra Pro 9-slots suitable for 2-, 3-, AND 4-ring binders, but the 4-slots only for 3-rings. Idiots… :confused:

Greetz,
Quuador

@quuador,
Can’t you punch holes in the 3 hole pages to adapt to your 4 ringers?
Just a thought.

@garyis2000 I indeed tried that, but unfortunately there is barely enough room at both sides, so it will probably tear pretty easily:

I did find some 4 slots here in The Netherlands just yet when searching specifically for photograph 4-slot pages. They are roughly the same size slots (little bit larger than the Ultra Pro ones) and also insert from the top. So hopefully those are in good enough quality for PSA-cards, then I will order them a bunch more.

Greetz,
Quuador

@mikejofthecoast, thank you for the detailed information! I’ll be taking a look on whether I can get those binder pages around here or otherwise I’ll need to find a way to get them.

@quuador, you scared me a bit with the binder story as I’m also from The Netherlands myself, but looking into some binders I acquired when purchasing some collections over the last years I did find a nice 3-ring binder! It’s called the Ultra Pro Collector’s Album, and I even found a Dutch site is selling it, google for “Grote 3 Rings Multomap Zwart”, Spellenrijk is selling one for example.

1 Like

Oh, thanks a lot! I shouldn’t have included white in my search terms apparently, haha. xD And I also buy my 9-slot sleeve pages from Spellenrijk all these years, so definitely a great webshop.

I will first see if those 4-slot photograph pages are of any good quality since I’ve already got them incoming and I already have a bunch of 4-ring binders, otherwise I’m definitely buying that black 3-slot binder. Thanks!

Greetz,
Quuador

Those photograph 4-slot pages are indeed perfect, so I’m keeping my 4-ring binders. This is much better than the mess with paperclips it was before. Thanks again for the tip:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like