Best binders?

I’m new to collecting and I’m focusing on completing some binder collections atm, but I’m aware of how the classic three-ring binders that we all loved as kids can damage cards (looking at you, Base Set Zard). Does anyone have any good recommendations for binders that will treat cards nicely? I’ve seen those black ones, but I’m unsure how I feel about being unable to see the backs of my cards.

Thanks!

You’re on the right track by dismissing any binder that has a ring…especially one made out of metal. I call them the trading card cemetery. I personally don’t like binders these days so hopefully someone else here can help you there.
What I do is pictured. Those are from my possible PSA 10 shelves, “to be graded eventually” lol. About 800 fit in that box with each card in a sleeve and card saver 1’s.
The cards are safe and can be taken out and viewed safely. Yes one at a time but when you look at a binder page you only look one at a time too.

5 Likes

I like the 12 page BCW binders - imgur.com/a/PIA5t myself, but I don’t care about seeing the backs… I’m working on making a 20 card per page binder, should be sweet

I use the Dex Protection 9-pocket binder. A little pricey for some, but I haven’t looked back since using them. I don’t think you’re going to find many binders outside of the cheaper loose-page ones what have clear backs. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though.

4 Likes

Great page of cards. That binder scares the hell out of me though lol.

2 Likes

Gary, I’ve always been curious, what do those Sharpie “Dots” on the penny-sleeve mean???

I was originally thinking that one meant PSA 10, two meant PSA 9… However, seeing that three-dot Wigglytuff in your PSA 10 Box really screwed-up my theory! Haha

I don’t use binders anymore, I store my cards in Card Saver 1’s.

I can recommend the ultra pro-pro book with the thicker cover. The one binder I keep is a pro book, and i’m happy with it!

For the cards to be graded boxes they mean:

1 dot = definite 10
2 dots = probable 10
3 dots = possible 10
That box were all ‘possibles’.

I only grade those, not 9s or less.

Different sections can mean different things though. All my Com/Unc mean appx what you thought.

1 Like

I use the leatherette Ultra Pro Binders with clear sleeves.

Gary, what kind of box is that?

1 Like

What’s your safety concern with a binder like this? Genuinely curious - seems like the best option available to me at the moment.

I agree, the BCW Z-folio LX 12 pocket binders are great.

1 Like

I use the D-ring binders and have never had a problem. Obviously, most forums where people discuss binders have those that tell you the horror stories of O-ring dents and damage. That being said, many swear against using the D-ring binders too. D-rings are just what has worked for me and I have never had a problem with any dents or damage personally.

1 Like

Ultra Pro Premium Binder. There is a nice yellow pikachu leather binder that I use for all of my sets. :blush:

3 Likes

Ultimate Guard 4-pockets with the zips are nice. It keeps out all the dust that way.

1 Like

can you post an image of what you’re talking about? I’ve been looking for another binder but none of the images show the inside when I’ve seen the pikachu one online. I didnt want a 3-ring binder instead of the ringless one.

@cullers This guy:

There are a couple options under $25 which is a pretty fair price. I have paid anywhere from $22-30 each.

There is also this option as well, make sure it is the “premium” version as there is a cheaper non-leather/non premium version:

3 Likes

Yeah, the one I was viewing wasn’t that version. Thanks @smpratte.

1 Like

@cullers

2 Likes

I use binders from Legion Supplies. Not only do they come in a variety of colors and are beautiful to look at, they are sturdy and well-made, and available in 4 pocket, 8 pocket, 9 pocket, and 12 pocket sizes.

www.legionsupplies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&zenid=3llnortkgtoeh1u55in8ctcna1

I second the dex protection binders. I have the 4 and 9 pockets and have yet to find a binder I like better. they’re very heavy duty and the velvet finish on the inside just gets me every time I open them.

1 Like