Which binders do you use to store your cards?

Hey!

I just started collecting pokemon and digimon cards, and i was just wondering how I should organize the collections.
Like, have one binder for promo cards, one for main sets…or do i just use 1 binder and store my most valuable cards in there?
And then I wondered where you guys store cards.

If its in binders, which ones do you like / which do you not like?

regards from germany

2 Likes

I use a Dex binder, specifically the Dex 9 with standard ultra pro penny sleeves

1 Like

Organize however you like! Personally I have set binders and a Pokedex binder, but there are infinite possibilities from artist binders, species binders and so on. For my Pokedex binder and some others I have D-Ring binders with BCW side loading Pro pages, but for sets I manly use Ultra Pro Premium 9-Bocket PRO binders. Here are links to the pages and UP binder I said above:

hobbymaster.com/products/side-loading-18-pocket-double-pages-black-bcw-pro-pages-10-pack?variant=29564474982470&currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=CjwKCAjwgZuDBhBTEiwAXNofRFzHC1yRuqlb1q_06fzgfSzElb9JMw_4A-MUYDFcp90HfFBM9knTkBoCF4QQAvD_BwE

www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=2199&osCsid=tt51m9pnneh44tsmc0ukjttrn5

I hope that helps and welcome to collecting and e4!

Most of my binder sets are stored in Ultimate Guard Zipfolios ( sideloader pages ) with regular soft sleeves, been a really good combo so far.

2 Likes

Dragon Shield 9 pocket side loading binder, cards sleeved with Dragon Shield matte black sleeves. Anything that I haven’t put in my binder yet are in penny sleeves and top loaded, stored inside an Ultimate Guard Arkhive.

I’ve got my own personal style of collecting so there’s no specific order. If anything it might be colour coordinated or legendaries on one page. Do whatever you want to do and what makes you happy, really no right answer.

I really like the dex zip binders but they are expensive. For new sets I use ultra pro platinum 9 pocket pages and d ring binders from staples. I store the binders vertically in cardboard boxes so the pages are hanging from the rings. No sleeves other than the holos and Vs. Regular card on the front and reverse holo on the back. Works well for me so far

1 Like

“I really like the dex zip binders but they are expensive.”

I feel like most binders are overpriced. PPl order them from china for cheap, print their own brand stamp on it and resell them on amazon :confused:

I also only have the regular card sleeves, got a bunch of them!
Btw for toploaders and sleeves, dont buy the “brand” one, they charge you WAY too much there too D:
Especially now, since the card craze started

Ultra Pro Premium Zippered Suede Collection

1 Like

Ultra Pro - Pro Binders for me. I have them colour coded: black for older sets, blue for newer sets and green for promos. There are so many ways, though :blush:

I use Cheap Binders, whatever is cheapest from Amazon…:blush: I put them the cards in as I get em’.

Rayvol 4-Pocket Binder = x2 (Filled Up Both)
POKONBOY (Filled Up)
CLOVERCAT 9 Pocket Trading Card Binder (Filling Up)

Unikeep 3-Ring Binders with Ultra Pro Platinum or Sideloading Black binder pages. You don’t have to worry about binder dents because the rings are plastic with straight edges. Hard to explain but I linked their website below. You can also find them on Amazon. I can get pictures at some point too.

www.unikeep.com/

side loading 12 pocket pages are the way to go. If you want the aesthetics(the black background, 24 cards displayed at a time,the more professional look, etc.) and the protection, definitely go with some type of professional grade binder over the transparent ultra-pro 9 pocket pages in a 3 ring binder. JMO.
I’m a master set collector and have switched so many times. at This point, if I don’t have the binder for the set or the time to put them in, cards will sit in a cardboard hobby box in penny sleeves waiting until I have time to put them in their binder.

2 Likes

“side loading 12 pocket pages are the way to go. If you want the aesthetics(the black background, 24 cards displayed at a time,the more professional look, etc.) and the protection, definitely go with some type of professional grade binder over the transparent ultra-pro 9 pocket pages in a 3 ring binder. JMO.”

Im using the 9 pocket side loading binders atm, that one just has less clutter imo.
I might get the 12 one if i want to complete whole sets though, or make a pokedex collection :grin:

Ultra-Pro Pro-Binders or Eclipse Binders only. I do still have old 3-4 ring binders with cards in them, but I store them on their sides so the cards do not touch the rings ever. But those are long storage binders which I have no intention in migrating to Pro-Binders.

But check this series from the Professor; Review Of Ultimate Guard Flexfolio, Dex Zip Binder, Dragon Shield Portfolios for Magic The Gathering - YouTube
He has a few more and really goes deep into comparing binders and is really good on pointing out the good and bad points of each.

hahaha, that guy truely loves binders huh :grin:
Ill stick to the side loading ones for valuable cards, normal boxes for trashy cards and semi good binders for … idk

But like, if you were to complete base set pokemon or some set you like, could you store it inside some unit that you could hang on your wall?

Does something like that exist?

@nightsy
To literally hang on your wall would be difficult as floating shelves typically have a low weight capacity. But you can use a vertical narrow drying cabinet or a narrow book shelf.

Or do you mean frame the cards on the wall, obviously no binder involved? Yes that exists.

1 Like

Still a huge fan of Legion’s Dragon Hide Binders. After having them for a few years now, I now have 3 of their binders. They keep their logo inside and let their binders speak for themselves as they look like AND feel like leather dragon scales. Sturdy and super protective, they also do well with single sleeved cards but I prefer to double sleeve as I can manipulate my cards worry free and they also hold better as well inside the binder.

1 Like

Yeah yeah! Like i used to own a poster as a child of the original 151 pokedex. SOmething like that just with cards on the wall you know what i mean?

Where youd insert 151 first edition cards in a transparent storage unit and then youd look at it and be like wowowowowo so cool crazy 10/10

whats double sleeved? 2 times in the same sleeve or inside one normal sleeve and then inside the binders sleeve?