Which binders and Sleeves should you use.

Hello i was wondering what sleeves and binder everyone uses and see what works better. Right now i use dragon sheild sleeves black but i want to know what colors you think might make the cards look better in the binder blue purple the white sleeves. The binder I use are the leather padded pro-binder only con i have with it is it just does not stay open by itself have to hold it down while looking inside. I see legion binders dont have that kind of spine and can stay open on their own. What you guys think. 9 pocket papges and 3 ring binders i found really bend the cards and damage them.

1 Like

I use Ultra Pro Pro-Binders and I’m going to start getting Perfect Fit sleeves. I don’t mind regular penny sleeve though. I just can’t stand deck sleeves.

1 Like

For my binder collection I like using the Pikachu Ultra Pro binders. Amazon sometimes has them for as low as $25 each :blush: .

1 Like

I like using the ultra pro leather series binders, or the oldschool japanese ex binders.

Can i ask, what do people think about binder wear? is there such a thing? does it hinder grading cards? what defines binder wear for cards?

@reinasierpe

Yeah I just heard complaints on Facebook. Maybe some people are ocd. It seems the best way to protect them. But over many years, sometimes things get crushed or shovled around a bit, which may incur damage.

Anyways I love binders, so all good.

Sleeves, I find so many nice brands in Japan. Like you can technically triple sleeve pokemon cards, but I generally just like one or 2, one tight, then one heavier soft plastic sleeve. I should get a photo later of some cool brands I found in Japan. * they are expensive though.* like 400-800 yen for a small pack of clear sleeves.

Ultra Pro all the way for me. I use an Ultra Pro Binder for my Pokemon Evolutions collection with the cards sleeved in Ultra Pro Perfect Fit sleeves.

I use ultra pro deck sleeves with the holo sticker facing backwards and load them into ultra pro sideload pages. A part of my collection is double sleeved with deck sleeve backwards and then penny sleeve upside down, but they don’t fit into the sideloads. Those ones are in the regular platinum clear pages. I liked this method, but found it to be too tedious and I think the sideload accomplished everything the penny sleeve on top did, namely dust prevention. I also like the black background. Looks sharp.

I want so bad to like the binders, but I have bought nearly every option mentioned on this forum at one point or another to try and there are just a few things I cannot get over. There are almost no binders without defects. Same goes for the pages and sleeves, but I can toss ones that I don’t like. When page X of a binder has an issue, you have to deal with it. Same if any pages get scratched or anything down the line. I like that I can swap a page whenever. Also, I like each set to have its own section in a binder. There is no neat way to do this where each new binder is the beginning of a new set without having tons of empty pages at the end of each binder.

Mind you I am storing a partial complete English set (no reverse holos) so it is a ton of cards, and would also cost quite a bit more to buy binders for all of them. Blank pages at the back of each also ends up with a lot more wasted space when you are talking about 72 sets.

I’ve used Ultra Pro pro binders with ultra pro sleeves and perfect fit sleeves from Dragon Shield, couldn’t be happier (well I could…).