stirfries' stuff

first off is Alto Mare’s Latios. I LOVE the 5th movie, and I love the 5th movie cards. Unfortunately, this card has a lot of damage but I also got it for very cheap last year so oh well. Hoping to get a mint Latios/Latias/Politoed from this set soon

Always loves the birthday Pikachus since I got an english WOtC one for my birthday like a decade ago. I love this card’s artwork and plan to get an accompanying old-school Bday pikachu soon. Got this one for a decent deal and its in nice condition

This was arguably the start of my serious collecting. Got this for a song a year or two ago and its in immaculate condition. I plan on sending this one (in addition to the Natta Pikachu) to PSA

Another card I got as a gift in English for my birthday! It’s probably EX-NM condition, but got it for a price accordingly. It’s just such a keystone and known piece of pokemon tcg history I couldn’t not… Maybe I’ll get the one with ANA in the background, but time will tell…

Got this when it first released from Polly. Mint condition, low value, not much to say other than…MEW

Trying to sell this one honestly, not a huge fan of Cresselia. But it’s a decently rare card so might as well include it…

Koga’s Ninja Gym. Came included with the Flying Pikachu. Not a huge fan of trainers that aren’t like specially beautiful, so once again another card I may toss sometime in the future

A bunch of randoms that I have, none of too much value (and forgot how I came across them) but theyre all interesting. I want to complete a mint set of ___'s promos, but, unfortunately, the Kyogre isn’t mint.

I really wanna get the following:

• bday pikachu (original)
  • alto mare 5hh movie
  • pichu bros (had it then traded it for bunk:( )
  • JP shinies/reprints
  • masaki
  • old mcd
  • karen umbreon
  • exodia LOB, 1st edition
  • deoxys 129/pcg battle road spring
  • roseannes research battle road summer
  • raikou ex battle road
  • pal city
  • ash’s treecko, etc
  • JP tropical wind

thanks guys! my collection is shit (compared to others), but I honestly am proud of it cuz i like going for the cards that I like more than trophy cards. Hopefully I’ll have the funds in order to make moves! (most of my money is beer money but trying to change that)

Hope to add to it soon! Thanks for looking!

21 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all started somewhere and you have a couple of my favorites there:)

3 Likes

Glad you are back at it @tolan! :blush:

2 Likes

Great cards!

@garyis2000 thanks! wasn’t trying to sound self depreciating at all, just trying to up my game!
@smpratte yeah im pumped to be back
@aj1 thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome back! Great picks also. :blush:

Love those cards — all of them!

@soulwind thanks! so nice so many people remember me, despite my name change :stuck_out_tongue: barely recognize you if it wasnt for the avi
@japanime i really appreciate it. hopefully ill need your services sometimes soon for when i decide to make my first yj! purchase :wink:

1 Like

Hey Yall,

First update in years! I’m waiting on some incoming cards, but wanted to do a moderate update to add what I’ve gotten in so far

Such a charming card. Also, check out that holo swirl on the right side!

Another McDonalds e card, I love the basic art style of this one. It looks almost like an ancient logograph, and the blue and red rays in the back really complement it well. I also love the holo affect present outside of the artwork, too.

Play Lugia and Ho-Oh ex. Always loved these arts

Battle Carnival Tympole. I’m a huge frog nerd, and the Poli-mons always appealed to me, so this evolution line is a natural extension of that.

20 Likes

A few recent additions

If you know me, you know I love the movie halfdecks. Hopefully adding to the 5th and 6th sets soon…got a few I need to get around to sending out B)

17 Likes

Beautiful cards!! Don’t worry about having deep pockets, just enjoy the beautiful artwork and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Some lowkey additions. As many have had to in the past two years, my collection goals have changed quite a bit and now I’m just happily picking up EX-era cards (and some gen 2), my favorite (and childhood) era.

Not quite sure why I ended up with the delta Togetic, but I really love the TRR one. I’m also jonesing to get the Breloom, Shroomish, Minun, Azumarill, and Politoed graded at some point down the road.

11 Likes

This bothered me. I think your collection is bomb. I love the artwork on most of these cards.

How do you store your collection (or display it)?

I’ve scrolled through your thread, and you have fine taste in art. What’s your card discovery process like? You have cards from sets all over the place – there isn’t one main theme as far as I can tell, other than having great art!

Haha, I appreciate it. I started this thread when I was a freshman in college, and I definitely felt inferior to a lot of the other people here so I downplayed it. I’ve come to be really happy with my collection!

I did keep everything double sleeved in card savers in old cigar boxes, but recently visited my parents and grabbed my old Ultra Pro Pro Binder so I put most things in there. Stuff like the Ni Natta Pikachu and cards I want to grade are still in cards savers.

Thanks! Art is definitely the driving thing behind most of my collection. I’ve just gone to Serebii and looked through the sets to see what peaked my interest. I also have my favorites (I’m a big Shroomish/Breloom guy), and on Serebii it’s really easy to search cards by species.

1 Like

Even back then, your taste was 10/10.

I think I may do that as well (going through Serebii)… sometimes you aren’t able to appreciate the art on these cards unless you’re intentional about checking them out.

Really awesome stuff!!

1 Like

Awesome Brock’s mudkip, it’s one of my favorite promos due to the tie in to the anime along with May’s torchic and Ash’s treecko(favorite of the trio)