Spectator Pass Lottery: Pokemon World's 2023 Yokohama

They postponed it to June 12th lol.

https://twitter.com/playpokemon/status/1667312734172749824

1 Like

Yeah, week of June 12th, so could be any day until the 17th or 18th

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/rk9labs/status/1668724161512964098?t=KMsPOFyuH1kFjewzhQqpzw&s=19

3 Likes

Good luck to all!

1 Like

Feeling very fortunate to get one in round 1! Will be promptly buying both passes, and may have an extra pass - will keep everyone posted as soon as I know!

4 Likes

Nothing yet. Hopefully get lucky or find someone to buy a pass off of. We will see apparently emails are still being sent.

https://twitter.com/rk9labs/status/1668727040663584769

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rk9labs/status/1668735829634580482?cxt=HHwWhICw1amZxaguAAAA

Slight update. They have sent them all. Let me know if anyone has a spare or can order a second. :cold_sweat:

I also did not get selected. If anyone has a spare that would be greatly appreciated. If someone wants to sell theirs that is also an option. :melting_face:

Reminder there are multiple rounds. I’m sure a lot of the people that signed up with 10 different accounts won’t be paying for every time they won. Not to mention people who are only buying 1 of the 2 they won

5 Likes

So stupid question, how does it work if you get the chance. Does ticket 1 HAVE to be in the registered person’s name? Or can you go through the process and give two different names?

1 Like

From my understanding, the name needs to match the person picking up the badge(s). After they are picked up, they can be distributed how the person sees fit. Absolutely could be wrong

1 Like

This is some next level scalper stuff

6 Likes

Can they even do that? I thought it had to match the name

1 Like

Yeah ‘purchasing the account’ doesn’t mean anything. When we signed up, it said you wouldn’t be able to edit your date of birth etc after. This would be $900 down the drain :saluting_face:

1 Like

I have a question. I’m feeling conflicted and wanted to ask for e4’s take.

Our family of four individually entered the lottery for a chance to to purchase spectator tickets. We only needed one additional pass because my son is competing, and we get 2 complimentary passes. Three of us ended up being selected to purchase spectator tickets, which means we can purchase six additional spectator passes, even though we only need one. And in case anyone is thinking it - no, we didn’t create fake gmails or rk9 accounts. We all had them prior from past tournaments. :wink:

As we only need one more spectator pass, I went ahead and purchased two on my account, and will most likely have one extra pass. We’re first asking if any other senior/junior competitor families need a spectator pass before offering it here.

So my question is, should I purchase the additional four passes for others in the community here?

My first reaction is - let the other passes go as we only needed one, so in 72 hours, they will then be offered up to people that didn’t get any the first round.

However, my next thought is, what if they end up going to more scalpers, and true fans like the majority of e4 members will have to end up purchasing on the secondary market at inflated prices from those scalpers? Perhaps scalpers are the outliers, and most people that entered the lottery are true fans, so it would be best to let nature take it’s course?

So my question to everyone is - what do you recommend?

If I purchased the additional four spectator passes, they would be offered to regular community members that didn’t just create an account, and would be available at the original price of ¥2000. I do not want to profit from it at all. One other thought would be to perhaps prioritize members that already have made travel arrangements, but didn’t get selected for passes? Perhaps even limit to one or two per member?

Obviously, it would be incredibly awkward picking up so many passes, and I would be concerned the staff would give us a hard time. Our family of 4 would essentially be picking up 1 competitor pass and 8 spectator passes.

Doing the right thing is an important part of my values, so I’m curious where everyone would stand on this? Have 67 hours left to decide…

(One other small note - my son has some friends that will also be competing, but they may have extra passes they are looking to sell. I’m happy to try and connect buyers and sellers, but certainly won’t be able to speak towards the asking price, and would just pass along contact info)

4 Likes

By the looks of it, this question sounds rhetorical. But if you needed someone to chime in anyway, I’d buy and offer it to those here in the community that never thought that Worlds Spectator Passes would ever be in a position to be scalped from what we’ve seen thus far on social media. It looks like only Round 1 has been released thus far. I’d take the W and just give to those in e4 that would love to grab one. Good luck.

1 Like

We have a Google sheet going, trying to pool together everyone so we can maximize who has access to passes. It would be great if you could help out!

5 Likes

@gengarbrigade Appreciate you chiming in! Genuinely curious what others would recommend, so not intending it to come across as rhetorical. Thanks again!

@pfm Thanks for sharing! Just added a comment on there, and will updated once we make the final call on getting the extra passes or not.

2 Likes

I think going down this spreadsheet alphabetically is the best bet

I didnt realize that this was a tracker. Is there anything we need to do beyond just adding a comment? Thank you for sharing. This gives me hope