Sorry My Kid Bought This Mega Thread

In their defense, I’ve seen plenty of kids in the middle school range that make more money than me online. They know what they’re doing when it comes to the internet… they grew up on it like a milk bottle.

lol saw a video about a 10 or 12 year old kid standing in line for a new shoe to be released only to sell it for double the price online an hour later.

What would happen if you informed the buyer that they’ve entered into a legal agreement with Ebay to buy that card. That you as a seller are entitled to be paid. A careless mistake on their part shouldn’t be a reason to dishonor the agreement.

I tried that before way back in the day, it doesn’t scare anyone. eBay will tell you they can’t force anyone to sell anything, it can just be cancelled.

Or just ignore the message and let them deal with the hassle themselves.

Sure, I agree! :blush: Or atleast compensate sellers possible time/money loss.

1 Like

Those dang kids. You’re a God, smpratte. You should charge those ignorant kids more to learn them a lesson! Don’t take no for an answer, let them feel the pain so they won’t come back. Kid’s already have enough days they’ll get presents or candy, like their birthday, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanks Giving, etc. They should think about their parents once in a while! Oh, and the parents should change their password of their account, and sell either the cards the kids bought or the kids themselves to get their money back.

*Hack edit by #ScumPratte: Fixed the post for ya. Yw! Oh, and I have some cards for sale for just 100 USD a piece for those interested:

Greetz,
Quuador

Obvious joke post of course. :wink:

1 Like

I was on the other side, Seller said he couldn’t sell me the card because his son had a sleepover and a friend took the card. Two hours later he relisted the card at a higher price. Funny enough I paid market value for it, wasn’t like it was a steal…

That side is even worse imo. They still blamed it on the kid though lol.

I’ve also noticed that eBay buyers get unexpected medical bills at 10x the average rate

6 Likes

I had someone go through and buy 3 things from me on eBay. A gold Star Latias, Crystal Charizard psa 6, and a 3 pack ex series blister. They messaged me a few hours later saying their kid got on their ebay and clicked the buy it now on all the items. I just refunded them. I have had this happen with a 2 pack Blister as well. Maybe hours later they regret buying it?

How many do you think are their wives finding out?

4 Likes

Another less common one is when “parents” say that they want to buy a card for their “kid” and ask for the card at half price because their “kid” REALLY wants it.

Have gotten that one a couple of times.

1 Like

Just ran a few auctions that ended today:

2 Likes

Recently I’ve just been telling them to go ahead and just cancel their bid or let eBay eventually do it. Otherwise it’ll count against me.

2 Likes

Looking at the feedback it seems like that ‘kid’ has bought a whole load of cards :open_mouth:

4 Likes

“I am very sorry but I would never bid on a car for this amount.”

Seems like a pretty good price for a “car.” :wink:

Oh god, this is the exact same user that claimed he never received a Crystal Guardians booster I sent untracked earlier on when I started selling.
Of course I quickly learned that items worth 1-25usd sent untracked never gets lost. But anything over 30-40usd in value mystically disappears if there’s no tracking :wink:

3 Likes

Did a quick search in my Hotmail for “My son” and here are some recent ones I’ve gotten:

And this one will be added because it’s quite hilarious:

5 Likes

imgur.com/a/Fn7ToSE

Did your kid pay for it too ?? Lol

3 Likes