Sorry My Kid Bought This Mega Thread

Since this is a weekly occurrence, here is a mega thread for all the poor kids who are used as excuses for buyers remorse.

1 like = 1 prayer

51 Likes

Ughhh…hate that.

5 Likes

Are these typically “higher end items” (several hundreds or so) or is this on things like double digit more miniscule stuff. Either way that sucks and thats a super lame excuse haha. But the one dudes little bit of admiration was very kind to soften the blow hahaha

I’ve heard this one before as well

Can’t you pass code your account so this doesn’t happen?

In like 2 weeks these guys are gonna cost the seller 2.9% of the list price due to paypals change

1 Like

I’ve also found that these eBay users children have autism or other disorders/disabilities at about 100x the rate of the general population. So those with children better minimize their eBay exposure as much as possible.

4 Likes

Also, how do you respond? Do you open an unpaid item case?

In my case they’ve usually already paid and you are screwed. You cancel and move on.

Best case scenario they refuse to pay or can’t afford to. Then yes, open an unpaid item case and leave them with the strike coming out of the encounter at least happy they took some hit for wasting your time.

2 Likes

That requires parenting.

22 Likes

That excuse is the “my dog ate my homework” of eBay.

14 Likes

Also requires an actual child.

24 Likes

Here’s one I sent out to someone. It was an e4 member and we arranged the deal off-site but they needed me to send them a message instead of cancelling the order unprompted

10 Likes

These “parents” just cannot admit the fact that they don’t have enough funds to pay for the item.

Do they seriously think that I’m going to believe that their “kid” is using their ebay account to snipe auctions couple seconds before the ending time etc. ?

7 Likes

“My son bought things without my convent”

Thought that was kinda a no-no for the whole nun thing

7 Likes

Sadly, I think this can definitely happen (if it was true) because I see garbage parents all day long shoving phones/tablets in front of their kids faces and just let them do w/e they want. Regardless, I still think these comments or things people send are hilarious. Craiglist was probably good back when it first started but every time I try to sell something someone offers me more then what I asked and send me a story aka fairy tale. I remember saying something like I would take his offer but I was on a space mission and that I would gone for a couple years or something stupid. I am sorry this happened, I am sure it gets irritating.

Thank you Scott for this comment.

1 Like

This ones not quite as bad.

5 Likes

Well, luckily this have not happened to me yet. But to be fair it is realy hard to control small kids, and buying with ebay app is kind a easy, so it’s not impossible that some kid gets his parents phone or tab and click some recently viewed item. Ofc it is always parents job to not let that happen, and I’m sure many ppl use this excuse, wich is wrong. … when I say hard to control, I have 3 small kids and I’m saying any off them wouldn’t hestitate to grap my phone or tab if they get a opportunity. Once they were watching viaplay and bought like 10 movie without my permission, well everything is behind childlock nowdays!

1 Like

i think if your kid buys one like that as the parent you take the hit and receive the cards. you can use them in teaching the child by throwing them away or something but what ever its not the seller fault you havnt done ur job better. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

2 Likes