Someone offers to buy cards in Japan when on holiday. What to ask?

So, as the title already says :slight_smile:
Someone from a Pokemon fb group is going to Japan, and he offers to buy cards for people (not whole boxes and tins etc) but just singles. I have a brainfart right now; so i need ur input; which eeveelution cards would you advice me to ask him to buy in Japan? Are there any exclusive promo’s maybe? Certain cards which are cheaper over there? Thanks! (btw; my budget aint that high, so ehm Fan Club Eevee or Rumble Melee! Eevee proooobably won’t make the cut :wink: )

9 Likes

I wouldnt want to bother someone else on their trip to japan with a checklist of my cards, plus I can (almost guarantee) get them cheaper myself. Not to mention the trust aspect/extra steps involved.

BW-P and Poncho eevee’s are cool though.

1 Like

he is the one offering it to the group, but normally i wouldn’t ask no :slight_smile:

Sure, doesnt mean you say yes though :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I didn’t know the person, I wouldn’t take them up on their offer.
If I did know them, I would send a very short list of cards that I can’t find online anywhere, such as a very rare promo or a hard to find unlimited card. Most Japanese cards can be found on eBay, Mercari, Yahoo Japan, or online sites such as tcgrepublic and cardrush. That should cover 95% of Japanese cards right there.

2 Likes

If you think the person will actually follow through and get/send you the cards probably some of the L2 reverse holo/unlimited cards. Or maybe the Pokémon Center Sapporo Pikachu since that has the Eevee in it. Can’t think of any reasonable priced Japanese exclusives right now that I’d ask someone to search for me while they’re on a trip.

Don’t go for any of the bigger Eevee promos. Especially not for anything that wears a poncho. I went to Japan this spring, and these cards were so much more expensive than online.

You have the best chances of getting a good deal by asking for some obscure set cards that are not that expensive.

Anyways if this person is just going on holidays there they will most likely just check out the big stores. The chance of finding a good deal there are zero to none.

2 Likes