SNES Mini Classic Console Announcement!

So after the huge success of the NES mini console last year, Nintendo have announced they are doing the same with the Super Nintendo!

www.ebgames.com.au/loot-217392-Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Loot

I’ve already ordered two [EB Games / JBHiFi] and I have got my name down for another 5 from my distributor. With the strict release however, I will probably be looking at 1 due to being a ‘small fish in a very large sea’.

That said, pre-order if you want one because I imagine these are going to be extremely popular come the lead up to Christmas!

All the #ChildhoodMemories :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Mate i can’t wait. they have picked the best games for us to play. Mario RPG oufff.

This is going to be so sweet, and for anyone who missed out last year on the NES, this is a great opportunity to capitalize. My only thought is I remember them saying it was a release price of $80 for US and I was able to find the Australia release is for $119 through EB Games, and gamespot’s website has even posted a note that it will have differences in the look of the console. Not sure what that means but while I should probably put down a preorder for both the Australia version and the US version, I am going to wait and scour the internet for the moment the release sets for US.

However for anyone looking to secure 2 consoles, you could probably do one now off EB Games and then wait for the upcoming US release and snag one again. Just a thought.

www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-preorder-a-snes-classic-right-now/1100-6451207/

Here’s my article I referenced.

I hope I can get some pre ordered already missed out on those xD

I would keep in mind that these are going to be much more heavily pre-ordered by both consumers and suppliers, and unless nintendo really doesn’t want to release any of them they are not going to go AS crazy as the NES classic

Roms are free on the internet though.

I know this is being a wet blanket but this brings out the worst in people, scalpers are cancer and if people cared about the joy of playing old video games they wouldn’t support this and would push for Nintendo to at the very least release these games on the Nintendo store.

Looks like there’s more preorders on that initial link!
I’m in Canada so I can’t get one unfortunately.

not like an actual NES is too expensive either :B especially if you only like certain games. it’s for a certain type of person though, more power to them. fuck scalpers taking them before they even reach market though

1 Like

I just don’t get it. It’s so expensive for not many games. Probably licensing issues with 3rd party developers or something. Seen the hacked ones on eBay that contain every game? That’s what Nintendo should have done. Wonder if they’ll sell DLC for these machines in the future or something.

Mini N64 next?

Pre-ordered mine yesterday, I’ve got an original SNES but many of the games on the SNES mini I currently don’t own, and honestly some people like myself don’t get a kick out of playing ROMs, it doesn’t have the same feeling as playing on a console

Jealous of your ability to preorder this :unamused:

1 Like

Yeah I had forgotten all about the SNES mini, but the guy down at my local actually called me up and asked if I was interested, he had put one on hold for me without me asking lol

1 Like

The pre orders are sold out everywhere in the UK already after 1 day. I didn’t manage to get one.

However Argos will be having some available very soon so they say. So be on the lookout UK.

I know what you are saying but I feel it’s appropriate to point out that is just a little emulator box with all the roms on it haha

1 Like