Favorite Console? Favorite Handheld?

What is everyone’s favorite console? Favorite handheld? Why?

I’d have to say console wise, it’s probably the Wii. Why? Because not only can you play all the cool Wii games, but you can play Gamecube games as well, and even download N64 games onto it!

My favorite handheld would have to be the Gameboy Pocket because it’s the same as the other GameBoys of the time, but it’s missing a corner and I just find the whole idea of it kinda funny :stuck_out_tongue:

Favorite console: Sega Genesis
Classics like Mortal Kombat, Sonic, Golden Axe, Boogerman, The Tick, Dr. Robotnick’s Mean Bean Machine and so many more just lock this pick in for me.

Favorite Handheld: Gameboy Micro
I can’t justify this for its games. Gamboy Micro only wins on the merits of the handheld itself. I find it ridiculously comfortable to play.

Fav. Handheld: The Original Nintendo DS.

I love how this DS looks, so bulky and strong. The GBA slot is amazing too since although I loved the SP, playing GBA games on the DS felt so much cooler. Even today I still play my DS games on my DS because they just don’t feel right on the 3DS.

Oh and I do not call my DS “Phat” or "Fat. Sheesh what a disrespectful name for such an amazing handheld. :angry:

My only problem with the original DS was how vulnerable the clips attaching the top half to the bottom were. I can’t even count the number of times I had a friend’s DS become useless after the top half simply broke off of the bottom half. The weight was too much for plastic clips.

And while I understand they shouldn’t have been so rough on them, Nintendo should have recognized that problem would exist when they targeted kids for the system.

Other than that, I enjoyed the original DS.

Anything Nintendo.
I don’t like Xboxes or Play Stations.

1 Like

Now why is that? I do love Nintendo, but I don’t know what I would do without the Xbox or Playstation consoles. How else would I have gotten addicted to Guitar Hero without my PS2? I would have never played my favorite game Borderlands without my Xbox!

Nintendo has all the FUN games!

1 Like

That’s like 99% true. There are about 5 games (probably less) that I wish Nintendo had :stuck_out_tongue:

Favorite? It’s gotta be the Nintendo Wii.

There are a lot of reasons why this is my favorite:

1. Backwards compatibility: I can enjoy Mario DDR (with the old-school, high quality dance pads). Minutes later I can just as easily be playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time via download *OR* the GameCube remake. That’s backwards compatibility two whole generations with no downside whatsoever. A feat unmatched by any other console (as far as I know). You can also link the Wii to GBA and SP albeit in a limited fashion for the games where relevant.

2. Compact, high quality build: It goes without saying that the Wii is a sleek, compact design. If I’m not mistaken it’s the least spacious of all home consoles. You can stand it on your entertainment table or tuck it in a drawer, or a ledge. Identical to the Wii-U, you can place the censor anywhere you like. This machine is also built to last. I’ve had mine since the original release with no errors whatsoever (then again, I never took it anywhere until I moved).

3. Downloadable content: This ties in with the backward compatibility but it’s worth a separate mention. Wii (pun intended) can download a wide variety of media on this device. Anywhere from games to movies and even access the internet. Though this technology has become mainstream, it continues to set the Wii apart from older, more nostalgic systems.

On a side note: most of my favorite games are actually from the N64 and GameCube.

I only use PC for gaming. :blush:

1 Like

My favorite console is my Super Nintendo.

1 Like

gameboy micro!!! cuz it played Pokemon emerald and fit in my pocket :heart_eyes: zing!

I used to play a browser-based MMORPG back when I had free time. :stuck_out_tongue:

That makes two of us, I don’t use consoles at all anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mostly play Battlefield 3, but I do have lots of games on Steam like L4D1 and 2, Team fortress, Magic 2014 and 2013, AvP, AOE2, AOE3, Worms Reloaded, Shogun Total War, Red Orchestra 2, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, etc. I also play Street Fighter 4. :blush:

Feel free to add me on Steam and Battlelog as well if you play Battlefield.

Give BF4 a try, it’s awesome. :grin:

console; Gamecube or Dreamcast.

Handheld; i own every hand held since Gameboy, and Vita is beautiful.

omg… way to many memories on the SNES / n64 / GBC for handheld growing up.

But I actually play an NTSC-J Sega Saturn currently… this has some of the most absolutely craziest games ever invented by Japanese people…

Console: NES. Lots of memories there. Also original PS1, when I’d spend days playing Final Fantasy 7 and Tekken 3.

Handheld: Original Gameboy. Pokemon Red, Yellow. Link battles on the playground.

Just bought a Wii U and a PS4 this week…have barely touched the PS4 due to Smash Bros…

Game Cube with Pokémon Box. It was GREAT playing Pokémon on a 27" television.