Retro video game consoles?

Anyone here collect retro video game consoles or handhelds?

Would love to see anyone’s collection

4 Likes

Ive got a bunch of handhelds, also picked up a SNES and gamecube recently, ill see if i can snap a picture a bit later :grin: GBA is prob my favourite console

4 Likes

Would love to see!

At one time I had wanted to collect all the N64 variants! They were big though and I only ended up with transparent green, transparent orange, and the standard grey before realizing it wasn’t going to work.

Would be cool to see what people have!

2 Likes

I was hoarding handhelds years before covid, when they were really really cheap. I had so many of them lol, like 30+ ds, 15 gba, several og gameboys and boxed items.

Well, this is what I decided to keep for now, since I’m trying to be kinda minimalist and I couldn’t afford to not cash them out.

I’m not a gamer, as I get bored really fast, but when you had a bad day there’s nothing better than a nostalgic trip with an original gameboy color.

7 Likes

I collect Game Boy (Advance) (and some Nintendo DS) games and therefore I have a few consoles alongside them.

The Atomic Purple Game Boy Color is my favorite console of all time. For me it’s the epitome of the late 90s/early 2000s and of my childhood. One of the two DS Lites will be reshelled when I find the time, I already have the replacement shell at home.

Alongside them, I have two stationary retro consoles, namely a NES and a PS2.

5 Likes

You’re totally right! I just can’t resist transparent/clear consoles, they scream 90s-2000. Peak aesthetic, especially the gorgeous atomic purple.

1 Like

I actually sold a large part of my retro game collection to fund some Pokémon purchases. Some highlights were Hagane (CIB), Terranigma, Earthbound, Robotrek, Starwing Comp Cart :smiling_face_with_tear:

I only have SNES PAL carts left now, plus FF7 (CIB) and Suikoden 2 (CIB) for PS1 and Pokemon Red and Blue for the GameBoy…

4 Likes

Realised you didn’t mention GAMES in your OP, just CONSOLES - Sorry!

Here is now a very limited contribution…my PAL SNES and Analogue Controllers :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Games work too! Love the console!

1 Like

You’re my go to for any handheld questions

1 Like

A hobby of mine is to repair/mod old consoles and CRT TVs. Along with collecting video games, consoles, and CRT TVs. The 6th generation of consoles (Dreamcast/GC/PS2/OG Xbox) and older, look and perform so much better on CRT TVs.

That’s a picture of a recent 32 inch Panasonic Tau TV with component hookups that I got for free off of Marketplace. My 2 favorite consoles of all time are the Dreamcast and Orginal Xbox, alot of good memories from my childhood with those systems. In that picture is the see through green halo edition xbox console. My current goal is to collect all the OG Xbox console variants, I’m hoping to pick up a Mountain Dew Edition or the Halo 2 Edition sometime this year. Both are on the rarer side so they are pricey.

10 Likes

I’ve heard of the tvs go really well with the consoles. How many tvs have you worked on?

This is pretty much my whole game collection. A lot of stuff from my childhood, plus i bought a bunch of games in like ~2014. Most of the gameboys i purchased with the intention to mod at some point. I also have 4 other original DS that arent pictured here with capture cards installed in them that i used to use for shiny hunting. Ive been getting back into video game collecting over the past few years but ive been taking it incredibly slow lol (1-2 small pickups a year ish)

9 Likes

I collect Game Boy and GBA stuff. (More so than Pokémon actually.) GBA is also my fave console. I sold a bunch of my original stuff off after graduating college, then in 2016, the nostalgia bug hit and I started buying stuff back. Luckily I bought a lot pre-covid. I remember paying $34 for Emerald on eBay and I thought that was high at the time. I like that GBA games don’t take a lot of room to store. I have several console variants/types of Game Boys, but this is what I keep in my desk drawer:

7 Likes

I just bought an Analogue Pocket. I know its not a retro console but it plays retro games! Absolutely loving it

4 Likes

Their products are incredible!

2 Likes

Maybe around 2016 I started to collect N64s and controllers.

Have some of the Japanese exclusive ones as well such as
Jusco
Daiei Hawks
Orange Pikachu
Blue Pikachu

Power 100 Controller
DK Banana Controller

Attached is a horrible picture from 2017 in my parents basement.

8 Likes

Not so much “vintage” but my favorite gaming item.

A Bungie dev team signed Halo 3 limited edition console. The amount of hours I spent on H3…so much fun

10 Likes

Okay that’s super cool. That halo special edition is awesome

1 Like