Smpratte Waifu’s rant

Scott got me cracking up at his latest Waifu rant in the latest Patreon MMR. Better than stand up. “Am I losing my mind?” “Kids ain’t buying this.”

No you’re not losing your mind Scott. I always appreciate your no BS telling it how it is.

20 Likes

Scott is not an incel/simp

6 Likes

Hi, I’m Stagecoach, the uncontested mayor of E4. You know, Pokémon cards featuring human trainers are really popular these days. But it seems like there just aren’t enough Lillies, Marnies, and unnamed NPCs in sundresses for everyone. (I place my hand on the shoulder of a sad looking 10 year old)

“Isn’t that right, Bertram?”

“Sure is, Mister Mayor,” the child replies solemnly.

That’s why I’m partnering with Cards for Kids, a charitable organization that seeks to get Pokémon cards into the hands of kids like little Bertie here. Through a combination of market manipulation, cease and desists, and controversial guerrilla extractions, we’ll reallocate these cards to the kids who want them most. Then maybe little Bertie here wouldn’t be so sad anymore!

“I sure wouldn’t, Mister Mayor.”

(The camera pans out slowly to reveal a television has been playing the recorded ad above. A hand turns the TV off. It’s me.)

Hi, I’m E4’s disgraced mayor Stagecoach. I didn’t realize kids didn’t like the cards. I didn’t know they’d think it was weird. I assumed kids liked all Pokémon cards and these were the most popular Pokémon cards, okay? My heart was in the right place. I didn’t know it was going to be weird handing out all these cards to kids. Scott Pratte was right, kids didn’t like them. They were so mad that I promised them rare Pokémon cards and then they were a bunch of weird girl cards instead of Lucario and Charizard. Even Bertram has stopped speaking to me. He won’t take my messages. Bertie please call me back. I owe you an apology. I just want to make it right—

13 Likes

66 Likes

5bb

4 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve ever rented that hard about something in pokemon. :upside_down_face:

22 Likes

I mean. The subject needs rants. The whole waifu market is getting beyond ridiculous.

9 Likes

Weiß Schwarz popularized Waifu collecting, but Pokemon took it to the moon… :rocket: :full_moon:

2 Likes

Lmao! I’m just so glad we’re finally calling it out for what it is, a market for goddamn Nonces.

4 Likes

There is nothing creepy about grown men collecting cards with underage girls on them… oh wait, yea that’s pretty creepy

4 Likes

You know what’s funny. Its only the Japanese versions that actually sell high. I figured I’d go ahead and grade some trainers just to sell. Turns out the PSA 9s are worth $20-25 if your lucky and sell incredibly slow. While the PSA 10s are worth $40-$50 range and also sell somewhat slow. So I must be missing the hype. Honestly grading trainers is my biggest regret from my recent submissions.

Than for some reason the pokemon company wants to give every trainer two cards per set. Like the trainers are what we came for? While also making them the special art rares. Come on now Trainers are not the chase cards! Let’s just be honest. The only thing people care about is the Japanese hyped up prices

3 Likes

The imaginary mouse is the face of the biggest media franchise in the world. Half of these girl trainers aren’t main characters in their own generation never mind the entire franchise!

4 Likes

It’s better to ask questions and try to understand their viewpoint about why they like the trainer cards, instead of dismissing them immediately. It’s a different segment of the hobby and if you don’t like it, it doesn’t make it any less valid. From what I have seen in this hobby, if everyone is parroting the same thing including the experts, they are often wrong. (I don’t own any waifu cards). This post is not meant to be aggressive but to provide another viewpoint

5 Likes

It’s not the same. Waifus are perverted.

20 Likes

What? It’s literally young girls sexualized. Pokemon might be on the more tame side, but waifu collecting is inherently sexualizing girls. That weiss stuff is disgusting. As mentioned in patreon, Japanese distributors have countless “doll” brands that are straight nsfw. It’s a cultural issue in Japan that bleeds into merchandise.

22 Likes

Not all collectors who collect waifu trainers are perverts.
But all pervert collectors, collect waifu trainers.

Weiss is gross.

What a time to be alive.

11 Likes

Sigh. I didn’t want to ask this, but I’m going to ask it because we need to get to the core of this matter. Do waifu collectors ever get a stiffy from a waifu?

If so, guilty. If not, not guilty.

2 Likes

I hope Scott discusses this more while wearing his Abercrombie and fitch polo as promised in the next patreon video lol

3 Likes

31 Likes

45 Likes