Skyridge Reverse Holo Conversation

It still boggles my mind that some of those reverse holo’s actually sell so cheap! I started about 4years ago trying to complete full reverse sets of Expedition Base, Aquapolis & Skyridge and finally finished about a year ago; but damnn those things were hard to find. Was really lucky that the little child in me was amazed by the artwork and beauty of these reverses (+ i did not like the ‘normal’ ones) so i had a lot already before trying to complete them.

You gotta keep in mind that around the time these sets were released Pokemon wasn’t popular at all (I’m thinking the least its ever been) + a lot of people didn’t like the e-reader borders back then, within my circle (and the people that collected) nobody really bought these cards.

Add to the fact that Expedition Base set was really big and nobody shot for a masterSet (i mean 165 cards was a lot back then + no secret rares)- so people just focused on their LegendaryCollection or the Neo-era. Aquapolis&Skyridge gained even less attention and since those were the last run from WoTC so I can imagine they really weren’t overproduced. Not only is the artwork amazing, but there are some gem’s and secret stories being told in the artworks- especially Skyridge

I adore the sets and still flip through my binders once a week to see them shine, and looking at BoosterBoxPrices for these sets I can only imagine it’s only gonna get harder to get a fullReverse binder set- next to that people are also starting to grade them and try to sell 'm for an even bigger amount… not sure how that is gonna work out but it sure depletes the market for ‘raw’ reverses in decent condition.

Good luck on your collectingJourney and HMU if you need some- i might have some extra’s since i keep replacing 'm with better condition ones :blush:

2 Likes