Show Off Your Error Cards Megathread!

Yes, it happened extremely frequently. Many, if not most, cards from that era will show some form of subtle color variation.

I see the recent discussion about color variation- I know it happens, but I pulled 3 uncommons today that are really far off.

9 Likes

Very vibrant holo bleed Lugia, you can see 4 swirls in the bleed. The pictures don’t do it justice. Trying to give a taste of how strong it is! Holo bleed video



16 Likes

Mine aren’t graded, but I’m happy I have all four missing color layer error variants now. :smiley:

Top to bottom rows: missing Cyan; Magenta; Yellow; Black CMYK color layers.

PS: Ignore the German instead of English regular Celebrations Pikachu for comparison in the bottom-right. I was too lazy to redo the picture when I noticed it just yet.

Greetz,
Quuador

16 Likes

That’s a beautiful shiny Snom you got there! :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure what you’d call this one but it looks like something.

1 Like

Marowak is a bit shy about its weight

6 Likes

This arrived in the mail today :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Just got them back! Definitely from the same sheet can’t believe I pulled them.


@cyberurchin too bad I wasn’t your secret Santa! Maybe next year…

11 Likes

Hi, I’m wondering if others have seen this before.

The card has these two raised lines on the front. The back looks unremarkable. I assumed this card came about similarly to crimped cards, so I’ve been storing it with them. I pulled this myself and put it in my binder straight from the pack.

These errors are called pinched layer by cgc, they are recognised by them.

4 Likes

Dang yeah those are cool! We will see

Found this among the random new singles in my LGS today.

Lots of excess yellow ink across the card surface; even some on Azumarill’s white belly, which you can’t quite see in the photo.

12 Likes


8 Likes









10 Likes

I ended up submitting this card, and a couple of my crimped cards to CGC as my test first sub. Here they are!



4 Likes

Fresh grade. Error or sun fading? You decide.

9 Likes

Some incomplete holo errors. Normal copy for comparison is in the upper right slot.

12 Likes

I own a reverse holo Rocket’s Mission orange juice error. It’s a repeating error on holo/reverse holo cards of only this set afaik.

Pic not mine, but for context:

5 Likes

Well, it looks like PSA will not provide the “Incomplete Holo Error” variant for this card. Definitely disappointed. I may send it to CGC to see what they’ll say or I’ll just keep it as is. :confused:

8 Likes