Show Off Your Error Cards Megathread!

@regigigagod Fan-freakin-tastic!

Ninja edit, adding this one I just got in:

2 Likes

Here’s a luxray I have that’s like Deku’s Mew, out of the 15 Luxrays I have, only 2 came out with this effect, but it makes it look so nice! :blush:

3 Likes

I’ve decided that holo bleeds are going to be my ‘thing’ that I collect. They’re so gorgeous, I’ve fallen in love.
Edit: Everyone on ebay thinks that their holo bleeds are something super rare. Guess I’ll have to look elsewhere for holo bleeds.

3 Likes

Just curious on what kind of errors you guys have seen or have that also happened to be Secret Rares from various sets. Errors are rare, niche items that are hard to come by, and especially more so as SRs. Like some of you have seen from my previous posts, I personally own printing ink or hue variations in cards like the SR Zekrom and Reshiram, SR Surfing Pikachu from Evolutions, and double holo error Shining Gyarados and Magikarp. However, when it comes to miscuts and the like, those seem to pop up even less. I was able to find a half square-cut SR M Charizard from FF that was pulled out of a pack, and was wondering how many of you guys have seen radically obvious errors like this on SRs.

4 Likes

@megacon I merged your thread with our current thread on error cards!

1 Like

Lol that works, too! Maybe itll get more attention this way haha

@megacon You had already seen my dialga, but I’ve got this guy too. There’s a lotta gold down there… Lol

4 Likes

Lol id love to see if there were textureless SRs from the BW era, but i highly doubt that exists. Gotta love miscuts, though

1 Like

Hey guys, got another question about errors. Are there any known or obscure errors for scyther, besides the no jungle symbol? Along with that, does the no jungle symbol only occur on the unlimited edition? I would assume so, but im not sure.

Also, is anyone aware of errors that occured on trophy cards or fan club promos/prizes of the like? Ive seen a holo bleed on a fam club porygon, but thats it.

No “known” errors of scyther that I know of, nor have I ever seen any errors on any trophy cards (other than the porygon mentioned)

And yeah, I’m almost certain the jungle errors are only on unlimited copies.

1 Like

How unexciting lol

Just got this back from PSA today :grin:

i.imgur.com/YmJggrs.jpg

10 Likes

Put that on The Great Grading Result Thread

Nice result btw

I think I saw someone mention the abundancy of holo bleed errors in rising rivals, and was wondering if anyone had a good amount of these errors, more specifically the secret rare surfing pikachu.

1 Like

I’ve got the set complete, definitely in my top 5 favorite sets for the dp era sets… I’ll check in the next few days when I’m near those cards but from memory I don’t think I have any. From my experience, secret wonders has the most holo bleed errors out of any set ever. Like, every other holo had it in that set that I pulled. Haha

2 Likes

I remember when Secret Wonders was released, I thought that was the new holo pattern.

2 Likes

Same for me, I always thought the holo was supposed to be like that. I think I’ve ever owned a Secret Wonders holo card that doesn’t have the pattern go all through the card

1 Like

I would not have been mad if that was the case. Haha, holos back then were worth getting excited about because they actually looked really cool! Now they are just reflective and it’s just meh… Even the galaxy holo used on the promos nowadays isn’t the same as back then.

3 Likes

Yeah @regigigagod I totally agree with that! I love the holo pattern on Secret Wonders and on ex & DP sets in general. I really wish they still were like that. Modern Japanese holos look kinda cool as the borders are holo too but the English ones are quite meh

2 Likes

It feels like they either make the reverses fancy, or the holos fancy. Except Gen 3. Those reverses and holos were amazing. But anyway, Gens 5 and 6 had some pretty lame holos. The line holo in Gen 5 just clashed with the artwork most of the time, and the Gen 6 holos were… *yawn* boringggg…
At least Sun and Moon have a nice new wavy pattern to the holofoil, and they somewhat match it up to the artwork.

Oh yeah, speaking of Gen 5 holos, they also had some holofoil bleeds. Well mine are all holofoil shadows, but I have a few cards where you can see the lines of the holo quite clearly in the text box.