Should I grade nm+ unlimited holos, or keep them as a set?

Hey guys,
So as the title states, I recently purchased a whole nm+ unlimited base set including the holos and NOT including the charizard for $80. I thought this was a pretty great deal considering literally all of the cards were at least nm. So now I’m considering getting some of these holos graded, but was also considering maybe getting a nm unlimited charizard and just have a whole completed unlimited base set in nm+. Both options sound great to me, but my only concern is that later on in the future if i end up deciding to sell the set (if i do grade some of the holos), I would only have some of the holos that are ungraded thus causing it to just be more of an incomplete set. Was just looking for some suggestions/opinions. Any input would be great guys! Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

For “NOW” I would keep it as a set. Base set unlimited cards when graded need to be at least a 9 to be worth grading (Except zard). Maybe in the future it would be worth while, but for now, why wreck the set and make the other cards all take a back seat?

If in the future the cards start to go up in value, then get them graded, but for now a complete NM unlimited set is worth around 200-250 dollars from what I can tell on sold listings.

2 Likes

Whichever route you decide to take, I think you should stay consistent. Either get all of them graded or none of them graded. As for whether or not grading is the best option, consider your expectations. Will you be disappointed if they score less than a 10? If not, then I would opt for a graded set. :blush:

if the holos look really clean, and low on the whitening/ silvering/factory lines perhaps its worth a shot. But I would send them only if u think they r 9 worthy. The commons i would not send.

Yeah I would personally just buy a NM Charizard for around $70-80 and you have yourself a $250 Base Set in NM condition for $150-160 Not a bad deal at all. :blush:

Edit: If any of the holos look like possibly PSA 10, these would be worth grading and you can replace them for $10.

Yeah, this is a great point…
I believe a few of the holos actually have a really good shot at being a PSA 10, and replacing them at a slightly worse quality wouldn’t be very expensive. Thanks for all the thoughts guys!

1 Like