Shining Legends regular Holo error, how common?

Hi there!
Wasn’t sure where to post this, so I went with this subforum.
This is more for European collectors, if there are any, but all opinions are welcome of course. I’m German, and I opened plenty of Shining Legends from release day until now, and about 99% of all normal holo cards I pulled (like Raikou, Zekrom, Hoopa etc) have the holo pattern across the whole card.
I heard about an error like this in previous sets, like in Evolutions, and did pull the occasional holo error from Sun&Moon, but not to this extent. I literally have NO regular holo cards, they all have the foil across the whole card.

Is this that common of an error? Is this German-specific? Is it worth grading?

The error you encounter is called ‘holo bleed’ and is not rare but also not very common. It happens in every set since Base Set and is a result of a printing issue. Maybe the German print suffers more from the holo bleed in SL than other languages. Personally I’ve never had a holo bleed card, but some people hunt them out.

Don’t even get me started on printing issues … I can’t fathom how it’s not possible in 2017 to reach printing quality from 15 years ago. Or at least the japanese standard.

1 Like