Shining Charizard PSA 10 1st Edition Neo Destiny

Hey there, were these offers legit? I’ve been following these cards valuations and came to the next conclusion:

• PSA 10 gold star charizard —> $17500
  • PSA 10 crystal charizard —> $20000
  • PSA 10 1st shining zard —> $18000

Thoughts?

2 Likes

That sounds about right from what I’ve heard. In saying that, the highest completed sale of the crystal zard is still 12k. I’ve just seen lots of offers for higher, with the highest being that 20 I mentioned.

I have a crystal zard posted in Virbank at 20kusd and my pokemon IG account (thebig3pokemon). No bites yet. But I agree, a reasonable price for that card.

1 Like

Yep…

People are going broke over it too. It’s that “I gotta buy it now regardless before it goes up even more”. I guess they are thinking “profit” in the long term and will skip their car payment to do so lol.

I don’t follow the crystal and gold stars too closely, but for the 1st shining I know of a private trade that went through in EU where it was valued as 16.5k Euros which is around 19.5k USD. I’d say this is past the 20k mark at this point.

I’d say the Crystal Zard should be the cheapest out of these three. Just my opinion ofc.

I don’t know what factors were involved in that auction, but that 10 went for much less than I expected, and probably could have fetched much more even at the time. I see that sale as a bit of a fluke.

What the heck? Yeah that Blaine’s was a steal. I don’t know if I would pay $10k for one but certainly would’ve bid higher than $3800 had I seen. I sold one for $3300 in May before these past two month massive further price rises.

1 Like

FOMO

1 Like

The pics were weird in that pic and the guy had very little feedback. My friend actually bid on that item and won. He said it all worked out. Got the card a week later

1 Like

Your friend got one hell of a deal then. Congrats to him

This is insane for a non-1st edition. Wonder if this actually ended up getting paid for.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-PSA-10-Shining-Charizard-Unlimited-Neo-Destiny-Holo-Rare-107-105-Mint/363148992980?hash=item548d5de1d4:g:PjsAAOSwt55fjhbS

Seller has no reviews though…

The price seems to make sense. There’s not a lot of them. If the seller had a lot of positive feedback, this would be even higher

Sold a 1st ed one for $4k in April… oof

3 Likes

Hey mcorey you and me both! I’ve been lurking for about a year but I just wanted to chime in. I’m the proud owner of a shining Charizard 1st edition in a psa 8 and have no plans to sell.

A few reasons I think it’s undervalued;
1.The shining charizard is a secret rare (107/105) so much harder to pull from a booster box than other sets holos.
2.Has one of the most epic artworks in the hobby and is the last 1st edition set released by wotc (iirc?)
3.It’s my “holy grail” and i fall in love with it more and more each time i admire it :hugs:

2 Likes

most epic artworks? You mean the charizard showing his phat ass? Erm…
To each his own though. I like weird shit too sometimes :grin:

1 Like

His fat ass hahaha! :joy: ngl that made me laugh,but hes not phat he’s THICK lol
But dude comon…it’s elegantly flying while it shimmers metallic silver and purple
Sooo epic :hugs:

1 Like

Hahaha. Don’t worry. Let no one tell you what to like or not to like. If you find it epic, that’s good enough! Personally I love the legendary collection reverse charizard. Base set artwork plus the fireworks reverse. The entire card literally looks on fire when the light hits it. Hands down the most beautiful card I have ever seen. I like the gold star and the skyridge zard too. Unfortunately for me the shining zard is one of my least favourites. :slightly_frowning_face: But that’s just my personal opinion.

I do wish the neo shinings were holo. That’s one let down for me.

Completely correct. I already took the same thoughts into account myself haha. Great minds think a like. I’d like to get a second one for my graded collection but I have to finish my current collection goal first.

Good luck on your search op!

1 Like