Share your slabs that were overgraded

Recently bought a slab without taking the look at the back thought I got a good deal until I looked at the back

2 Likes

Nobody owns slabs that were overgraded. Only other people do.

27 Likes

Bgs below 9 is the wild Wild West.
I remember I saw a psa 4 crossover to a bgs 9 before.

6 Likes

200w

5 Likes

There’s a market for 1s. Not so much 2s. Had a couple better looking than this get 1s.

Roughly two years ago, I bought a PSA 8 1st Edition Light Azumarill to crack open for my Yuka Morii collection. The listing had two available, but only one of them was pictured. In retrospect, I should have messaged the seller about this, but as they were a legitimate and trusted seller, I thought nothing of it. Surely any PSA 8 copy would meet my standards for a binder copy!

Well…

I got sent the one that wasn’t pictured;

Even a casual glance would immediately be drawn to the extremely noticeable scratch on the face of the card, glimmering with the shine of the exposed foil layer below. I cannot even begin to comprehend how this could have escaped PSA’s notice.

I thankfully was able to return the card without issue after putting in a polite and generically phrased return request, which the seller professionally and swiftly processed.

You be surprised. You’ll see some 10s have scratches too, but not as deep as the one you showed.

I’d still consider that an 8 if everything else looks good lol

PSA 10 regrade potential?

7 Likes

Dang…Xiao strikes again

7 Likes

LMAO

1 Like

I’ve bought many what I felt were undergraded slabs, but never any overgraded ones that I can think of. I always seek out ‘strong’ cards if I can, even though it’s all subjective in nature.

Wow, this takes the cake for me - how the hell did this get through?!

someones getting fired… I think you can get a large payout if you go to PSA.

Is this the card where there was a mint card that also ended up in a PSA 1 holder due to them being switched during encapsulation? I feel like I’ve seen this before for some reason, maybe you’ve already shared it in another thread.

I’ve been through tons of blatant misgrades at this point, but my first will always be my favorite.

4 Likes

when the grader grades their own card

2 Likes

I feel there are a lot of early to mid era Japanese new back cards where the grader just ignores whitening.

4 Likes

I’m so confused by this - is there a background story to this card?