Anyone Feel a Little Nervious about their $15 PSA Subs?

I guess this tale is old as time, but the more videos of PSA submissions I see, the more nervous I become for mine. People are getting HAMMERED with all 7-9 Grades recently. Yes defiantly this could just be a pre-grading issue, but man… It looks bad out there.

Anyone else have the looming storm cloud of uncertainty over their head for their submissions, or is it just me? :cloud_with_lightning:

6 Likes

Here is the one submission I’ve gotten back out of the eight that I sent for the December $15 special. They are new back Japanese so I expected good grades and was pretty happy with them.

Edit: I was upcharged for the two Ampharos Prime 10s and Umbreon 10s. What I am concerned about is upcharges for my other orders.

5 Likes

honestly, I just do my due diligence and try to vouch the card as best as I can. worst comes to worst, if I feel that myself & the grader are way off, I can always crack + resubmit.

4 Likes

I generally don’t send anything I don’t think will at least grade a 9. I have been getting quite a few 8s so I’ve become a strong 8 collector :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I have 3 submissions out. A 80 card. 168 card and 175 card submission. With the law of numbers as long as I get 1/3 cards I send I’m good. Even 1/4 I’d be fine but obviously I’m hoping for better. First ever submissions. Definitely a exciting experience regardless

1 Like

I had a Value Bulk vintage submission - not a single PSA 9 or 10. Some of the cards were from childhood and well-loved, but others were minty and deserved at least a PSA 9. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

6 Likes

It’ll be fine. This is a peek of my last $15 sub. I have another out now. Don’t stress.

Did PSA update their grading standards? I have heard things about this from Leonheart and other. Is this true? @smpratte
Video he talks about it

Haven’t heard of them changing their standards. They are published on their website as a reference - https://www.psacard.com/resources/gradingstandards

1 Like

yep

13 Likes

did they change standards or is the pokemon community at large conspiring together to make it seem like they changed standards :eyes:

9 Likes

Incoming “sample size is too small, psa grading has always remained consistent” posts.

7 Likes

If PSA was actually getting harsher every time people said they were since 2019, the highest grade anyone would be getting is a PSA 6 by now!

13 Likes

Any change in grading variance will be perceived as them being harsher because you will always hear more about the harsher subs than about the lenient ones

11 Likes

I agree. Kind of like Anti-“Survivorship Bias”

2 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

You could say “Punishment Bias”

1 Like

I honestly wouldnt listen to much of anything leonheart has to say.

Psa is as consistently inconsistent as theyve always been. I wouldnt worry.

1 Like

“What I advise you to do is, not to be unhappy before the crisis comes; we suffer more often in imagination than in reality. Some things torment us more than they ought; some torment us before they ought; and some torment us when they ought not to torment us at all. We are in the habit of exaggerating, or imagining, or anticipating, sorrow. It is likely that some troubles will befall us; but it is not a present fact. How often has the unexpected happened! How often has the expected never come to pass! And even though it is ordained to be, what does it avail to run out to meet your suffering?”

Seneca, Letters from a Stoic

Cheers!

4 Likes

I have 2 x PSA 9 and 11 x PSA 10 for my last submission. Granted that I really scrutinised the cards quite strictly before sending to PSA.

3 Likes