Share something new you have learned about the hobby!

Hey guys! I thought this would be a fun thread. I feel like I learn something new each week about the hobby here on efour! I’ll go first!

I purchased a 1st fossil edition PSA 10 zapdos holo recently. I was disappointed when it showed up because it was missing some holo in the upper left corner. I figured PSA made a mistake! Then I was informed about the evolution box error on every 1st edition fossil zapdos holo! My disappointment instantly went away, and I was glad I learned something new and completed my PSA 10 1st edition legendary bird holos!

What have you learned about the hobby recently?

The POP series 4 Deoxys ex has the same pull rate of Series 5 gold star, so is very difficult to get

4 Likes

The POP series 4 Deoxys ex has the same pull rate of Series 5 gold star, so is very difficult to get :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The POP series 4 Deoxys ex has the same pull rate of Series 5 gold star, so is very difficult to get so it’s time to hoard a bunch on ebay

I’ll add something new, from watching Scott’s video: There’s like a massive shortage of new product in Japan, so stores actually have to limit quantity amounts to buyers. That’s insane!

3 Likes

The time was the last year, now sellers are aware.

They are available everywhere though for $5-10.

I learned recently that Vileplume and Exeggutor from the Southern Island set do not feature any additional Pokémon in their artwork. I’ve always thought that all 18 cards in the set featured other Pokies, but apparently not.

Vileplume actually stands right next to both Oddish and Paras in the full artwork:

Despite this, the Vileplume card doesn’t feature either of them:

Sadly, neither Oddish nor Paras make an appearance in the artwork of any of the other Southern Island cards, either.

6 Likes

I just learned / purchased something new for my Booster Pack Collection. It’s not that exciting, unless you’re like me and enjoy collecting Booster Packs. But, there are actually 4 Variants of the Jungle Set Booster Packs: Red-Logo, 1st Edition, Unlimited, and Unlimited with 1999-2000 Copyright on the Booster Pack (Made in U.S.). Aside from the 1999-2000 Copyright, these packs are exactly the same as their Unlimited Counterpart - the cards inside are all regular Unlimited Jungle Set Cards. Still pretty cool to have another variant within my collection!

2 Likes

Not extra recent but only learned about the existence of 4th edition after joining efour.

1 Like

@pichufan I thought the same thing when I was younger! I remember studying all of the cards, counting which had the most pokemon in the background and which appeared the most. That was such a fresh concept back then. :blush:

1 Like

4th edition?

I know, nobody likes a smart-ass, but there has been a thread about this exact topic a month ago (more stuff to learn, right?) :slight_smile: : Click here!

1 Like

I apologize I didn’t realize that

After submitting my previous post, I had a closer look at the Exeggutor card and found that that one could have featured a Poliwhirl:

Instead, they cropped Poliwhirl right out. Another Pokémon completely neglected in the artwork of any of the other cards.

That Bellsprout did make the cut though, that features in the Slowking card. Phew.

2 Likes

@pichufan I always wanted a part 2 to Southern Island, where they gave the other Pokemon their own cards.

For example, imagine the Pikachu from this being its own card:

5 Likes

Poliwhirl looks exactly like how you would snap a picture of your family/friends, with one of them being in an unflattering pose (or blinked) and request you to crop them out of the picture.

2 Likes

I think this would be my new favourite card:

I decided to open up PhotoShop…

4 Likes

No worries! Perhaps mods can merge these threads or it can stand on its own, no problem. I just wanted to make sure the information in that other thread wasn’t overlooked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something simple and small that I learned; there are spiky eared Pichu cards. More than 1 even! And they are so cute!

2 Likes